Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all!

Either of one of these bikes could be my first project and I have no experience with wrenching at all but i am eager to learn.

I'm just kinda worried that the build would be a bit difficult because of the seat's position. as you can see it is slanted.
I would have no problem doing very minimal cutting/welding but I still do have to learn.

So my question is: Does anyone have any experience with these bikes? Is the frame really angled that way or is it just the shape of the seat's foam?
Suzuki_GD110_L_1.jpg black-side.jpg

Thanks a lot!

Oh and btw, my local Suzuki sells these. I might get one from them 'cause I can't find any used ones on my local listings.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
This isn't a real post is it? So you have zero experience and your buying a NEW bike from a dealership as a project to cut and weld? What exactly do you plan on doing to the brand new bike? I'll bet you could figure out what you want a bike to do and get a used one for the same price that already does it. How many bikes have you owned/ridden?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Before you run off and buy that plain old Suzuki you might want to consider being the first person in Saudi Arabia to own a custom built Nighthaul Tea Racer. Just sayin'.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
It's probably not angles like that.

Since your fabrication skills seem limited you might want to limit the amount of fabrication you do and see if bolt-on stuff could work.

Motorcycle Bodywork, 7000+ fairings, tanks & tails, USA built!

He has alot of stuff and experience with seats, tanks, etc.

Stephen J is correct. Also I do not know what your riding experiences but you want to make sure that you have good experience / skills before you attempt any heavy modification. It Alters seating position, the way the bike handles, brakes, etc .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts