Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone,im posting this for a buddy,has anyone fitted a 3 in 1 system on suzuki triples?if so what company has good products to offer.thanks for your help

-jason

·
Registered
6 Posts
Three into one Chamber. Jemco exhaust out of Texas is the place to get a 3 into 1 for a Suzuki triple.

I hope this helps!

Chris,

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
A cautionary word of advice, although a 3 into 1 has proven a better exhaust on the suzi triples than the kawasaki triples, they are still way inferior to a true 3 in 3 out chamber system. On a two stroke the exhaust chamber serves the same function as a cam controlling the exhaust valves on a 4 stroke in that it helps regulate exhaust and intake timing. it does this largely through sound waves. a 3 into 1 scres thsi up and effectivley chops your powerband down into a more narrow band of useable power, which is why you will hear a lot of 3 into 1 exhaust owners say that the bike falls flat on its face right around 6,000 rpm. considering the powerband kicks in at 3000 rpm this is a really narrow powerband.

I belive jemco also makes a 3 into 3 chamber set for the suzi triples, get that instead. Also Jeff G on the kawi and suzi boards has taken over tomcat's pipe mfg operation and now has pipes for the suzi triples. Jeff knows what he is doing seeing as how he is an ironbutt record holder on a Gt550 (and an H2)

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Does anything really look cooler than 3 into 3 chambers on those bikes, anyway? I think not.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
The pipes on Omar's site www.omarsdtr.com are Jemcos if you want pictures. The actual Jemco site is pretty sparse http://jemcoexhaust.com/ I think 3 into 1s look bitchin' and a GT550's not very fast anyhoo so what the hell.

What year is your buddy's 550? My 72 was in the flood. If my buddy that rescued it doesn't pony up some cash here soon I'm gonna part it. I believe the chambers on it are Oscelots.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Oscelots were the pipes that a few really fast guys ran on Waterbuffalos racing back in the late 70's they were fast and loud. I think Strader made the first 3-1 chamber back in the 70's. A guy I talked to back then at the races at Summit said they made good midrange on his GT750 and were ok on top.
Ken

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think my buddy's bike is a 74,runs great.ill give him the info you guys provided,cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey ratty-550,i spoke to my freind,he's interested in your exhaust if you want to sell it.let me know,cheers

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Ocelot were a race team out of WI and made some fast and big motors back in the day. They made the oddest looking pipes though with no belly section at all. Modern theory is that those pipes are too short and make teh motor peaky, but I have never seen any report or dyno tests.

I have a Strader 3 into 1 on one of my GT750s and with any luck we'll get it on a dyno soon to compare stock OEM pipes, Strader and Jemco 3 into 3 chambers. We came up with some interesting porting numbers to get the most out of the midrange, the idea being to have a bike that jumps out of corners and we don't care if it doesn't hit 170. It's a street bike after all.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
quote:Originally posted by thomasgt550

how can i reach this jeff g guy?
i need fast and loud exhaust for my 74 gt550
thanks for all help ;)
Try the Kawaskai or Suzuki triple boards for Jeff G and Tomcat pipes. Or contact Bill Tripp in Illinois and get him to design and build a set for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts