Cafe Racer Forum banner

81 - 100 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I owned a pretty nice '93 VX800. It was smooth, reasonably fast and a decent handler. It was also however, boring. It was so appliance like, I got rid of it.
You owe me 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
I owned a pretty nice '93 VX800. It was smooth, reasonably fast and a decent handler. It was also however, boring. It was so appliance like, I got rid of it.
You owe me 2 cents.
What do I owe you money for? Whatever it is, 2 cents seems a bit steep.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Everything was going so well, until I tried bleeding the clutch. I got there in the end, but it took over a day.
Started the bike up... no problems. After a few minutes I put it into gear, the bike stalled.
I couldn't find the problem, so asked 2 electrician friends round, still no luck. I was just about to throw my rattle out of the pram when I checked 1 last connection, and hey presto..... sorted.
Since then I've balanced the carbs and made the headlight/fairing/indicator brackets. Should be done soon.
Still not 100% sure about the fairing.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Its looking good Steveo. See what the fairing looks like when its on its wheels with the tank on, might change your mind about it then. I like it

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'm glad to see you've got Teddy Sheringham on the wall there in your shed. What a fantastic United player he was.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
I'm glad to see you've got Teddy Sheringham on the wall there in your shed. What a fantastic United player he was.
I'm sure there's a witty response to this..... buggered if I can think of it though.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
The sprayer dropped the tank off to me tonight.... really pleased, he's made a superb job. Should get the bike finished next week.

Attachments

·
Registered
477 Posts
Ohhhhh! That's very pretty!!!

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Ahh... it looks so classy and smooth. I love it. Get yourself one of those cafe racer jackets and you'll be like a riding time capsule lol. Mens Motorcycle Jackets - Biker Jacket Galore
What a bunch of assholes at this place. As soon as you log on they pop up a chat room and ask if they can help. I made an inquiry about one of the jackets on the home page what model it was and their reply was to ask me for my full name and motorcycle specs. None of this is relevant to my question so I asked them to not invade my privacy and to just answer the question. They immediately closed the chat session.

81 - 100 of 122 Posts