Cafe Racer Forum banner

101 - 120 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Pretty! Now I REALLY wish I'd hung on to the VX!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Took the bike out for a test ride and MOT today. Passed the MOT okay, but got 10 miles down the road, and it started popping and banging badly.
I managed to limp home, emptied the float bowls, checked that fuel was flowing okay. At this point I thought I would have to remove the carbs, which isn't an easy job. then realised one of the vacuum take off rubbers had come off. Put another one on and took the bike out again.... sorted. The bars are a bit lower than I was expecting, so I'll have a play and see if they'll adjust a little further back.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
You're on the ball. I only put it on late last night. I need to sell to fund a Ducati Pantah project that I've got lined up.
This new language isn't getting any easier, just had to google btw.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Finished another Sachs this morning, for a nice young chap from Crommer. I'm hoping his Dad is going to ask me to restore his Ducati Darmah.

Attachments

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
Finished another Sachs this morning, for a nice young chap from Crommer. I'm hoping his Dad is going to ask me to restore his Ducati Darmah.
Good effort. It looks 'right'. The SS fairing looks far better and more authentic than the same type fitted on a belted Ducati.

Good all round, I'd ride it no problem.

Even the mudflap makes sense!

Danger, is my business."

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Nice sticker :cool:

What do you charge for a Sachs Cafe Conversion Kit, steveo??
The conversion has cost the owner £2800, but that included a fair bit of service work. Engine oil and filter, shaft oil, coolant changed new plugs, air filters, carbs balanced, and tappets adjusted.
A large chunk of the money went on having the tank/side panels made, and having a decent spray job.
I tried to get him to buy a new pair of rear shocks, but he didn't want to spend another £200.... shame.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
The conversion has cost the owner £2800, but that included a fair bit of service work. Engine oil and filter, shaft oil, coolant changed new plugs, air filters, carbs balanced, and tappets adjusted.
A large chunk of the money went on having the tank/side panels made, and having a decent spray job.
I tried to get him to buy a new pair of rear shocks, but he didn't want to spend another £200.... shame.
Forgot to mention..... should get £250-£350 for the original tank. exhaust etc. So the cost will be about £2500.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
The owners Dad picked up the Sachs this evening, and dropped off this 900ss. I've got a lot to learn to get this back on the road.
He also wants his Darmah, and NCR replica restored... should keep me busy for another year:)

Attachments

101 - 120 of 124 Posts