Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all;

I'm looking for a web site for setting up and tuning a 1990 suzuki katana 750 bike. I'd like to investigate jet sizes, carb tuning procedures and etc.

thanks

revised this form with correct year and what I'm looking to do.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
In general a Katana is just a detuned GSXR so the gixxer sites are probably your best bet.

But what are you doing to it that it needs jetted?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got a 750 Katana in for rebuild but it arrived without carbs. I tried to use gsxr 600 carbs but they are 31mm and I need 36mm carbs. I found some online and will be ordering them this week. I also found some rebuild info for the Kat carbs - I'm looking for tuning info if anyone can point me in the right direction.

The 750 Kat is a build bike for flipping (I think at the end of this project, the kat will be a flipping build bike...)

thanks for the info

·
Registered
66 Posts
what about a dynojet kit? if you're just jetting it for the hell of it, then that's the best way to go. just don't overjet for what you're putting on the bike (exhaust, air filter(s), etc). i'm pretty sure katanas and gixxers are different motors, not just detuned, although they are similar. after gsxr's were water cooled in '93, they were totally different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts