Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two terrific bikes that I never ride and don't want to sell because sold bike $$$$ seldom translates into other bikes--it usually gets absorbed into the great sucking phenomenon known as the cost of modern living. So before I succomb to the marketplace and list these sweet wheels on Craigslist or EEEEbay, does anybody here have an interesting swap for a cherry, totally stock and unabused 1989 Yamaha FZR400 that runs like a top and looks even better, 27000 miles. I figure it is worth about $2700-3000 so I'd like a swap within $600 plus or minus comparable value. It has the factory solo seat conversion, NOS bought on ebaay due to beer for $250. Also a 1985 Yamaha RZ350 that runs great and looks fair and well worth about $1800-2000. Mileage unknown-replaced the missing odo/speedo with RD400 unit, Fox shock, Wiseco pistons (was that piston slap I heard?),New chain, good rubber. A happy sloppy fun machine. What I can use is a touring bike of some sort or a race bike or an exceptional Giro bike. None of my current bikes is right for a long haul tour and I want to do one this spring. Any offers? I am really flexible so even if what you have is a longshot, try me. If this comes to nothing I'll list these for $ale next week. Email for pictures or watch this forum, Evil may post them for me.
Larry

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Here you go lario. Wish I could afford either of these. But that race bike took it ALL. Let me know what your Spring plans are. I am still thinking Japan . . . or

http://www.fastfreddie.com/html/overview.htm 2009 BABY!!!

PS. Guys, I have ridden both of these for many miles, and both are SWEET. And the FZR has a definite resale value that will hold.

Edited by - imslow on Nov 29 2007 08:10:28 AM

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I might have something...

Any interest in a 71 T500? Stock except for brand new wiseco forged pistons and rebuilt crank and seals by bill bune (actually the whole motor was rebuilt). I'd be interested in the RZ (I am not really interested in selling my only good two stroke, but trading it for another good two stroke wouldn't hurt so much).

I also have a nice stock 1978 cb750F with 6000 original miles. On my lift right now because I am pulling it out of storage to sell anyway. Clean bike and comes with another stock tank/seat. It would be a good touring bike/ hot rod.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
BTW, even though that fzr400 is super clean, I have a 1994 fzr600 motor I was holding onto for a fzr4/6 project someday. If you want it you can have it, but you have to come pick it up.

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
I'm really trying to resist making you an offer on the RZ. I don't need it, but I want it....

Ok, back to work. Nothing to see here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts