Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
tex, chris and i ride with a guy who rides a yz80. the thing flys. we can keep up, but its a pretty decent match for the xrs off road in a flat out run. when it comes up on the pipe, you can watch it pull away.

jc

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
I think Coy is going to not allow motards in the Cosmo class next year. Ask Aaron. I think he talked to Coy about it when running the XR "80"s this year.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
then he should make a class for mini motards.

some one else up there has to have one. i mean, there have to be at least 6 of them that can run every even there.

jc

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I have given some consideration to running an XR80 next season so I hope Bob reconsiders or adds an additional class Formula XR80(FXR80) class. It's not like there was a huge advantage ,if any, by runnning one against the Reijus and Derbis. I don't know if different racing lines were an issue.

Sweet bike in the ad BTW

Jeff

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
quote:
so i guess the question still is.....how would this do against the derbi and reiju's? how did aaron and jeremy fair against them?
My slow Aprilia is faster than their XR80s. But they're quick in the corners.

Next year I'm going to do a lap on the aprilia without using the brakes.
Well, except for T12. I think its possible.

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
quote:
then he should make a class for mini motards.

some one else up there has to have one. i mean, there have to be at least 6 of them that can run every even there.
So propose a rule to the rules committee. That's how classes get added or changed.

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
The class that Jeremy and I were in, we took 1st and 2nd with only 3 Cosmo Cup bikes in front of us. 2 of them were right in front of me but that was only cause of the conditions. I suspect in the dry Rob would have pulled away from me quicker. Although if the class was OK'd, I'd build a fast xr80 instead of a stocker. Plus my cam was timed wrong during that race and was the exhaust valve was hitting the piston.

Aaron

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
And if you guys want to run that class next year, I would figure out how many guys are definates and how many are just dreaming and then propose to Bob a seperate class. I would like to see a 125cc mini motard class so Rob can play to.

Aaron

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
thats a great idea. hearing that bums me out a a little as i was definitely planning on making at least one race up there. and id for sure have the xr ready. and none of this 80 crap. there was an xr80 right around the corner from my house that just sold. cheap. it was gone in a day.

you could for sure count me in for 1 race min next year with my xr. and if i still have chris' id bring it with stock wheels and semi good tires to run.

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
oh yeah, it should be any single up to 150 4 stroke single air cooled. 17s allowed. any mods you want. disks, slicks, whatever.

itd be cool to see what people would do. really make it a bike class. enough of this riders class crap.

jc

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
quote:
oh yeah, it should be any single up to 150 4 stroke single air cooled. 17s allowed. any mods you want. disks, slicks, whatever.
Not up to 150. Then we'd get monster crf150s that'd blow everyone else out of the water. 130ccs would be good.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
stock crf's are like 220 lbs
a stock xr weighs in at 160 or so.

crf has about 11hp.
xr has 8 stock.

the crf is giving away about 50 lbs. right off the bat.

but with a head, carb, cam, piston, crank, ig etc...you get 12 out of
the xr pretty easily and reliably. ive even read 14 i think. bring on the crf's i say. the r is water cooled. so its out. the hot bike for minimoto is the xr. smaller, faster, lighter. with a decent front end, better brakes, id think it'd be the thing to run.

j

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Stock rear wheel on an XR100 is 6.6.

The only problem I have with a 150 is someone will probably show up with a 150r and it will probably be me and it will probably be unfair.

Aaron

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
So we have a definate 3, before we figure out symantecs do you think we should figure out if we have enough guys to run. If we get enough and we are still declined I will get another track.

Aaron

Whos definately in?

Edited by - aaron on Nov 07 2007 10:27:18 AM

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
it should be limited to aircooled. the r is water cooled. that way it still has a little bit of a vintage feel. im not against watercooled bikes, but since the majority of us seem to have the earlier xrs, it seems like it would be a good way to have people go nuts building bikes. imagine a perimeter framed stroked bbr kitted xr100 out there. ohhlala.

just my opinion. build any aircooled thing you want. go nuts. like an open minimoto.

jc

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
quote:
So we have a definate 3, before we figure out symantecs do you think we should figure out if we have enough guys to run. If we get enough and we are still declined I will get another track.

Aaron

Whos definately in?
Well, I have two bikes for the 50s classes, a Aprilia and the TTR125. I'd probably run the Aprilia over the TTR since the classes would run at the same time at NHIS.

But I'll run the TTR anywhere else.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts