Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Tire pressure was the first thing I checked, about 3-4 days ago. It was at 32 front 30 rear. I let one psi out of each so they're now at 31 front and 29 rear, but I havent had a chance to ride since, too much rain. I'm going home in a bit to get my bike but now the tire pressure change won't be noticable to any extent after LETTING 33lbs OF AIR PRESSURE OUT OF THE SHOCKS!!!!

And I cleaned up the seat cowl. I'll let it cure for a bit before clear coat and polish. I'll post a pic later, I mean that what this thread started as, a smack at Ken for not selling me his factory cowl ;)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Jesus! What a difference 33psi off the fronk forks makes!! I felt like I was gonna pirouette on the front wheel going into turns! It certainly wants to turn now, to say the least. I'll have to take it easy for a bit to get adjusted.

Here's a few of the cowl with a tad better paint on it. I don't think I'll be completely satisfied until I get an old rear seat and attach the cowl for a better all around fit to look more "factory", but for now it's good.
[
]
[
]

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Jesus! What a difference 33psi off the fronk forks makes!! I felt like I was gonna pirouette on the front wheel going into turns! It certainly wants to turn now, to say the least. I'll have to take it easy for a bit to get adjusted.

Here's a few of the cowl with a tad better paint on it. I don't think I'll be completely satisfied until I get an old rear seat and attach the cowl for a better all around fit to look more "factory", but for now it's good.
[
]
[
]

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
quote:Originally posted by mickey356

I mean that what this thread started as, a smack at Ken for not selling me his factory cowl ;)
See by doing it this way you've gained valuable experience and self-confidence.

You'll thank me when you're older.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts

I mean that what this thread started as, a smack at Ken for not selling me his factory cowl ;)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
quote:Originally posted by KeninIowa

:D
I'm already older so thank you!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
quote:Originally posted by KeninIowa

:D
I'm already older so thank you!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Thanks Joe.

Here's a kick in the ass- Friday night I come home ( I park right on that little walkway that the pics are on), not paying attention, I put the stand down in the dirt instead of the sidewalk, start getting off the bike and all of a sudden I've got 400lbs of bike coming down on me! Damn if I didn't crack my lower fairing and scuff the paint on the cowl.
Just got done patching the fairing and sanding and reprinting the cowl. Needless to say I still feel pretty fucking stupid.
I guess Ken has a point with all this "learning" crap. At this rate I'll be a frickin genius by Thanksgiving!!!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thanks Joe.

Here's a kick in the ass- Friday night I come home ( I park right on that little walkway that the pics are on), not paying attention, I put the stand down in the dirt instead of the sidewalk, start getting off the bike and all of a sudden I've got 400lbs of bike coming down on me! Damn if I didn't crack my lower fairing and scuff the paint on the cowl.
Just got done patching the fairing and sanding and reprinting the cowl. Needless to say I still feel pretty fucking stupid.
I guess Ken has a point with all this "learning" crap. At this rate I'll be a frickin genius by Thanksgiving!!!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts