Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '72 Bonneville came without tank badges and the fastener holes were previously filled prior to painting. Finally found a set of badges and thinking of adhering them with some one part marine adhesive. Good/bad idea ?
ed

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
Seems fine by me except for the marine adhesive. You can get automotive trim tape anywhere and that is what it was designed to do-hold trim in place.

Why not some decals that just say "triumph"?

I used to use servo tape for everything but you can't get it off without taking the paint with you.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
quote:Originally posted by Geeto67

Seems fine by me except for the marine adhesive. You can get automotive trim tape anywhere and that is what it was designed to do-hold trim in place.

Why not some decals that just say "triumph"?

I used to use servo tape for everything but you can't get it off without taking the paint with you.
I was going to use decals but saw some original badges and I fell for the original bling. Trim tape is a good suggestion.
Also, in a previous thread I had about seats someone maybe you suggested GFTP which I used and I'm really pleased with their product.
ed

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
Yeah Bret sent my buddy an OIF seat and it was such amazing quality that I tell everyone now that if they need a seat they should talk to him. I wish I could afford a seat of his but I am broke as a joke.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts