Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find a sticky back foam tank pad that I used WAY back in the dark ages...the 90s.

It was a nice tombstone (for lack of better description) shape with some holes in it (again, for a lack of better description). Everything I'm finding would just look plain stupid on the Enfield.

Anyone know the one I'm talking about? Are they still available? I stocked the damn things back then and can't even remember the maker or distributor.

I could get a sheet of race seat foam, but it'd be easier to open the package, trim a bit for fit and go ride...

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
they have these always ultra pads which you can attach to the leathers or the tank... they prevent scratch and are super absorbent......

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
I might be mistaken..... enfield...... aunty scratch..... Shirley they are "knee grips"...... or a groin grip if you had a particuliarly fast one......

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Trying to find a sticky back foam tank pad that I used WAY back in the dark ages...the 90s.
I'm sure you saw this one.......I kinda like the look.

image.jpg

Do you remember back in the 90s the big rage with tank bags? They even had ones color matched for the bike. I know they are available now but not that flamboyant as back in the day. They even had them for atc's. beat to crap on ebay today they're $300

image.jpg

image.jpg

I would drop 13K to 15K tomorrow for the ZX if its original, low milage and everything included....just saying

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sure you saw this one.......I kinda like the look.

View attachment 19363

Do you remember back in the 90s the big rage with tank bags? They even had ones color matched for the bike. I know they are available now but not that flamboyant as back in the day. They even had them for atc's. beat to crap on ebay today they're $300

View attachment 19364

View attachment 19365

I would drop 13K to 15K tomorrow for the ZX if its original, low milage and everything included....just saying
Same year ZX7r would be the shit, or beat to shit. Probably no in between.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, but it's not the r model. Just a BS line about it being the r engine.

Yeah? Where's the bodywork, suspension and brakes that go with it?

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Over here, those bikes were all called ZXR750's up until 96 when the ZX7R came out:

Here's the ZX7R...in red:

And green:

I don't recall ever seeing an R / RR version of the 89 model??

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I like the ZX......... but remember the time everyone wanted to look like a Ducati? All they had to do was wait 20 years.

image.jpg

Sorry for,the thread jack FJ

1 - 20 of 26 Posts