Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a source for the ribbed tank rubbers that attach to the frame?? I could use a piece of rubber hose, but the ribbed ones look better. Thx, Mike

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
1st: Fill out your location bio

2nd: what bike? (make and model)

3rd: what year?

you do know those rubbers you speak of did not come on every single bike - in fact they are kind of bike specific. The bikes I have them on are kawasakis but I have seen them on suzukis and hondas of various years.

I should point out here that not every manufacturer uses the same diameter tubing in their frames....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lets see, i live in Maine, USofA The bike is a Yam 71 RT-1, custom f-glass tank and seat / tail section,The frame tubing is 3/4 inch. I am not speaking of the bike specific rubbers, but the ones i often see on race bikes with custom frames . Building a cafe, metralla style bike by the way. thx, M

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
mike

mold some of those things... cmon dude

can't remember where i have seen em..... try vintage cosmo.... ebay store.

matt

latered

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So Mathew, Thanks for the answer to the question. I am amazed you could provide it without my bio, year and make of the old piece of scrap iron i'm working on ,and yea, not every old pile of junk had them so thanks! How's the shoulder??? Where's Spence this winter??? So many questions, so few answers...M

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
mike,

matt might know you, but others do not.....like me, for one.

as a way of fostering more community and making a better, tighter site, we ask if the members fill out their bio/profile to include a first name and a town and state of where they are from. extra info as in bikes, likes, hobbies, etc are an added bonus.

i see that you have been with us for awhile, try not to take anything to personal.

tex

p.s.- i still have no idea of what you are looking for. but if you find it, post a picture and educate me.

http://groups.google.com/group/PhillyVinMoto

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
yo dude

i still cannot remember where ... wait a minute.. there was a company making reproductions for rubbers for parillas etc ... i am sure they have these as well.... also could contact m3 racing, buff harsh too. i would pretty much just make something else work. i hate sending bro's money for stuff like that.

what are you thinking... no bio... dude, cmon

the shoulder is rockin, basically doing pt... doc says no surfing until the end of feb... skateboarding a bit... without bailing... pretty much have to stick everything. should be moto racing w no problems... although my sidecar maonkiing days are looking pretty much over...( wife ain't having it after a few months of my limited help with 2 kids)

spencer is in maine, finishing up some design jobs... i am sure he will be on his way to surf in hawaii within a couple of weeks....... maybe not.... one can never tell.

mattman

latered

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
dudes

go easy on mike.. he is a uscra racer from maine. dude is way fast on his sr 500.

he is easy to recognize by his tailsection.... pretty much all anyone sees of him on the track

matt

latered

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Speedmotoco - $15 plus shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/tank...ryZ35580QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Dude, you can get snippy about what ever you like but there are two unwritten rules (mostly because we are too lazy to fill out the FAQ) that just make life a lot easier:

1 - is to fill out your location in the bio, doesn't have to get any more specific than the state but the idea is that if there is some close to you they may have some insight on local events or they may be able to help you out with something else.

2 - if you post in technical it is customary to state the year, make, and model of the bike. we cater to all types of bikes here and even a general question may have some bike specific answers. Furthermore it is always better to err on the side of too much info here rather than not enough when it comes to looking for things or products searches or whatnot.

that being said - welcome to the board (again), glad to see you becoming more active.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Mike E. ...tell'em all to phuck off, you bio is in your wennie and they can suck it out.

Don't mess with Elliot....he's hard core racer.

(btw welcome bro)

JohnnyB

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
yeah dude

old spence surfs with the best of them. he spends 2-3 months each winter in hawaii tearing it up... mostly trying to get rid of his gout. ha ha

i have to wait untill march to surf again... doctors orders

latered

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
dude, you need some low impact sports. maybe pillow wrestling or something. jesus. mail sent bout that belly pan.

jc

i dont know shit

·
Registered
687 Posts
do a search on ebay for cafe racer. there was a pair up earlier. iv'e seen them there for months on end going what the hall are those things...

...connoisseur of slack...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Funny, i have never played well with others...seem to miss the rules of the game...probably why i enjoy racing so much...very clear where i need to be and what needs doing. That said thanks for the info, and i forgot to mention, i am a cranky old sonofabitch. Mike

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Mike fill out your bio . .. . . haha

tell em to Fart off. We know who you are. And noone else needs to know.

See ya soon.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
"although my sidecar maonkiing days are looking pretty much over...( wife ain't having it after a few months of my limited help with 2 kids)"

Matt- say it ain't so. Those things don't go very well with only 1 person on them. I'm gonna be bummed all day

Sorry Mike, didn't mean to hijack your thread. Potential bad news will do that to a person

1 - 20 of 34 Posts