Cafe Racer Forum banner

121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Could you make a cafe seat for my 1982 Honda FT500? If so, how much would it be and shipping to Marietta, GA?

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Motorcycle body work made to order.
Ducati bellypans ..... glass $100, vacuum bagged carbon fiber..... $250
Ducati SS front fender ....... $125 Carbon..... $225
Honda CB 350 bellypans glass $85
HondaCR 77 (CB 305 ) tank and seat kit .... $800
Fairings, tanks, fenders, tails......

IMG_2593.JPG IMG_2288.JPG IMG_2975.JPG IMG_2526.jpg IMG_2492.JPG IMG_2595.jpg

www.tannermatic.com
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
he is... best to email him directly for questions/purchase

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #133

Attachments

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
You can tell a man by the way he mixes and applies his gob.

You can tell a lot more by the way he empties his hoover....

Mail a food bag of dust from the hoover to someone from the site in Australia, other than Brad Black, who is going to this years festival of Italian motorcycles in Melbourne and get them to empty the contents into his silencer and then hide in the bushes with the video camera ready when he returns and starts it up!!

And I hope you use a good fitting rubber mask and don't sport any hipster face hair. That shit isn't good for the old bellows!!

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
Have you played with mixing gob and jam (general filler with chopped strand)?

You have to be good at purging air after mixing but for big jobs it offers the structure of jam with the fast cut abilities of gob. It also sags a lot less than straight jam and remains workable without dragging for longer.

I'm prolly teaching granny how to suck eggs right now but it's just nice to meet another sculptor who understands the versatility of multiple 150mm discs applied to long planes and the joy of good old hunks of cardboard to mix over the shitty onion boards that tear the top sheet off and fuck the job second time you turn the spreader.

We should start a 1000 masking tape tricks thread in the technical section and see if there really are 1000 of them!

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Ha Ha Ha... I actually have a very large self contained dust filter cabinet that recirculates the air inside my shop... and a 18" inline fan ducted outside to remove the fumes if necessary.
This particular deck was fabricated in a cnc'd foam mold... the surface required fairing to eliminate the texture from the release film. It was a quick and dirty job. This fairing material is a 2 part proset epoxy fairing putty.
Super nice stuff that has great thixotropic properties.

Zero facial hair at the current time, 3M 1/2 and full face masks.... Paper dust masks for the light days.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
So a few months ago I came across a really neat Z1/KZ900/KZ1000 fender eliminator made out of fiberglass.

I'd never seen one before so I snapped it up for preservation. I sent it over to Matt to make a mold of so that anyone else interested can get one.

Original:

Tannermatic copy (this is a raw copy fresh from the mold and needs sanding finishing work... obviously):

Quality is top notch and the fiberglass is laid on nice and thick (unlike a lot of other modern repro fiberglass items)

121 - 138 of 138 Posts