Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
11,783 Posts
i know tom always complains about his 1000 not starting in the cold. the starter wont crank the motor. mike o's got one now and i took it for a spin and its typical beemer riding. straight up and down, out there, and all day comfort. any bmw would be ok with me though. i know someone looking for an early 80's r90, if anyone knows anyone. and i know a guy whos going to be getting rid of and r69.

me

· Registered
11,783 Posts
oh yeah, i forgot dave has one. ricky randall has a couple too. turnbull has 4 bikes he rides i think and chris m has his /2 and a 750. theres also a guy around the corner from me who has an r90 and an newer gs. then theres another guy who lives on the same block who has an r80. my friend patric has a 1000 too. and of course bucky has a couple. most off the bmw guys in town all know eah other. its pretty cool. im the only one without one. im such a loser.

jc

· Registered
11,783 Posts
modern bikes are too fast for me. i always end up going waaayyy over the speed limit by accident. what can i say, i have no self control.

jc

· Registered
11,783 Posts
zach, i have pics of your dads /2 hack with the 1600 in it somewhere around here. unless kirsten gave it away with our old computer. ug. thats a cool ride. and hes got some big balls to ride that thing cross country.

how about one like this??

jc

· Registered
11,783 Posts
mikes right, they werent until late 70's, but i dont know exaclty which dates. mikes is nice. i liked riding it around. the brembo braked front ends are around too. i know some serious beemer heads if you seriously get into it. you could talk to bucky at bobs bmw. he is the man when it comes to beemer parts etc...even showed some the of the guys in munich a thing or 2 when he was there for the annual service meetings.

jc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.