·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
big red eldorado much to fast for her

forgot about tomorrow

that much is for sure

one of my shop helpers just bought this two days ago

fortunately he walked away without a scratch and even drove it by to show it to me

yeeeee haw

·
Registered
602 Posts
Is he gonna cafe' it??

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
what fell on it?

I can't see any visible signs of a roll over unless he managed to roll it without either side touching down. How it managed not to crush his head is beyond me.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
he rolled it but already has a steel plate in his head

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Cars with big goofy rims need to be crushed anyways.

Must've been one helluva wreck. Lucky to be alive.

Reminds me when I rolled a Yugo over forwards. Yes, forwards.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I guess the little 4.6 liter was more than Ricky Racer could handle. You would think that big tacky rims with no sidewall would handle pretty good [xx(]

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
quote:Originally posted by cseger1

I think braking distance goes up quite a lot when the rims get that big without adding bigger brakes.
Physics is hard.

So is pavement. And drainage ditches. And guardrails. And telephone poles.

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Hey, does that pizza place deliver? I think we should call up and order a few dozen to be delivered to "that shop across the street. Yeah, the kid with the trashed ride will pick up the tab..."

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that's funny

he's actually rolling in cash though and could certainly handle a truck load of pizzas

not sure if he is going to cafe the Jimmy now

but for sure it needs chopped at the very least

I don't know what those 22's weigh but I do think the wheels and tires are very light compared to stockers so I'd be thinking it would actually stop better

but I've zero experience with those things

he has 20's on his truck I've driven several times

and 24's on another ride I don't think I could be seen driving or riding about in

good kid regardless and trying to get him calmed down a bit

·
Registered
699 Posts
ive built 3 s-10's so far and from my knowledge, i know the reputable builders recommend upgrading your brakes on anything larger than 18" wheels...few people make the upgrades though. glad the kid is ok though. not my taste in vehicular customization, but its a human ya know? be patient with the kid hack, don't know how old he is, but he'll calm down. A racing buddy of mine hired me for his HVAC electronics company one summer and i was fresh out of school, had no electrical back ground and i was a nervous wreck the entire time just trying to do things right and do things quickly. I ended up making several mistakes and he let me go when we got caught up on work, and i still hang with him quite a bit and he told me "i wish i would have waited till now to hire you because you have calmed down and could be a lot of help to us now" so just keep being patient with the kid and he may come around to be your best help. i'd love to go back to work for my buddy now, but financially...working in the chemical industry is treating me pretty well. ok...enough of my soap box

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
rollin' big

glad your guy is ok, hacka. tell him to get behind a mule next time he wants to plow a field.

cheers, bcr

1 - 19 of 19 Posts