Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 145 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
how much?

bob c. can't get a good head count if he can't tell the people attending the costs. i can't afford it if it is more than $60.00 a race.

knowledge is power!

texy

·
Registered
504 Posts
This 2 smoke guy likes short tracks. JB is right about places to pass and not be repassed by someone with HP...like JB.
I didn't have any problem with my heavy SRX600 at E-town. and I think I was getting to the high 80's on the longest straight. That's not much slower than NHIS.

FC

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
you guys just need another track. if you want slow, go race a 50 in a parking lot and get yourself off that way. i race to go fast. close dicing with your buddies on anything is fun. paying an assload to go slow, and not have a place to stay, and no electricity, no showers, no camping, etc etc etc sounds lame. like i said, ill wait to hear what its like. im not jumping into this thing too fast. it just seems like there are and could be other things out there to go after that are better. passing on the striaght is fun. passing in corners is fun. brakes are fun. gas is fun. rubbing elbows with your boys is fun. but given the option, id rather save the cash and time and go to nelson, or vir, or mid o, or summit, or even beaver for that matter. chances are they will schedule for one summit weekend, one vir weekend, and probably mid o. i mean given the options, why not schedule it for the same weekends as other races int he area. im just bitter.

did i mention i beat tex 2x this weekend???

there, now i feel better.

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
thats kinda funny. a 350 honda speed demon. almost 80? frank doesnt care, he'll race rv's from his house to there and be happy about doing that! @ 8/10's of a mile, how many laps?? 10? 12? hmmm. im not saying its not great to have another venue. i guess its just why that one? if its fun, and people go, im in for sure. if its expensive and the turn out is sucky, and there isnt more than what you see in the pic....id probably not list it as a must do. gunstock sounds awesome as i was in with the 1st group to go back there. they'll have to decide if the 350hondas can run there. unfortunately, if its the same schedule as always, ill be at summit on saturday, so there wont be any help from me. but ill be there. i wont be there for november cuz im done with the bike for the season. i have a pile of changes i want to make to it. so i gotta get started soon.

i hope it all goes well. and whats this new noise level thing going too be?? i guess ill have to get up there and check it out.

jc

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
jc ... why so grumpy? you don't like partying with us dudes in dark parking lots?

my wife may let me go
matt

latered

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
mine probably wont let me go. i got a lecture this past week about how all i do is "work to go racing". well, duh. what else is there to do???

im not grumpy. that track sucks. why not just head over to the mall parking lot on sunday and race around that. i mean seriously. how is it that every other race club and track day organizer can seem to get dates, but mysteriously, the uscra can not. or will not. look at the gp grid from the last wera race, the majority of the 500/350gp grid was uscraers. and alot of them didnt show up. soto, rosko, tim, mike o. i just dont get it. its stupid. either your a racing club or your not. either get the ducks inline and make dates and venues happen, decent ones, or dont. 8/10ths of a mile. thats going to be the second event? multiple race weekends there? why not canada? why not look there. callaboogie. st. eustache. its just annoying that you dont get the real story about why. after asking and asking. is it money? is it travelling? is it dates? what is it? there are more and more people doing away races it seems. so people i think are realizing they have to travel to get i the racing they want. its not like there havent been a million ideas thrown out there. id still love to see a uscra/wera vintage event. or championship. just to get more people racing with both clubs. im not grumpy. after almost 10 years of hearing why it cant happen, or just nothing at all, or promises of new tracks, then you get etown raceway park, or the streets of laconia, its like....who cares? im not going to put down frontierland, i mean, it seems like people really enjoyed it and as a season closer, its perfect. laid back, great atmosphere, no pressure. but this being stuck at nhis for 3 or 4 dates blows. and on mondays?? every date is a monday. whats up with that? people wont take a friday off to drive to summit, vir, beaver or wherever but they'll take a monday off to go to nhis? just cuz they'll be home monday night? i guess if its ok to have that attitude, its ok for people to have the same attitude from far away. people wont race the uscra races cuz they are on monday. and it means having 2 days off if you live far away. i mean, its just lame.

but i love you guys.

jc

jc

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
JC,

Here's a thought. A Caferacer.net Vintage Roadracing National Championship. There's a bunch of us on this board that will race anywhere and with anybody. We're racers, not necessarily USCRA racers or WERA racers or AHRMA racers. And since we've got a wide variety of classes we all race in we could devise a championship where we all compete against each other. It wouldn't matter which class you race in, just finishing position. It also wouldn't matter which organization you race with, again just finishing position. For example a racer races one weekend with AHRMA and races in F-250 and comes in second place. He'd get second place points in the Caferacer.net Vintage Roadracing National Championship. Another races the same weekend in WERA and takes a first in CB350, a third in V1. That racer would get points for both first place and third place. Total up the best twenty races or so for the season and the winner would be decided. Premium would go to the person that makes the effort to get out and race during the season. If someone doesn't want to race E'Town you don't have to go there. If a bunch decide to go to BeaverRun you may or may not be racing against each other but you'd get points towards the national championship. We could all kick in for a real nice perpetual trophy for the championship. And it doesn't all have to be racers from the Northeast. This could really be nationwide.

Thoughts? Anybody?

Craig

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
now thats a great idea. ill get to work an a kick ass trophy. the only difficulty will be the uscra. getting the results in a timely fashion. but thats a really cool idea.

anyone else? and maybe we can figure out a way to post the standings here.

man, thats awesome.

jc

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
That's not a bad idea. A "virtual" championship...sorta. Look at the various club schedules, pick some races in each area, from each club, each track etc. Keep track of it online.
Hey...as legitimate as any other "championship".
JohnnyB

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Kind of like a fantasy league, Craig. Personally I hope to do 2 or 3 events in Canada next year, partly for distance, partly for the size of the sidecar grids, and partly because they are as happy to have us there as we are when they come down.

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
I'm in for that. Do an overall championship, or per class?

Overall would be easier to keep track of. Use the top 15 finishes, and use number of wins as a tie break.

say...
7 = 1st
5 = 2nd
4 = 3rd
3 = 4th
2 = 5th
1 = any finish

Oh, and subtract 10 points if you're joe.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
That is a cool idea. Personally, I don't know if I have the time or cash to get to enough races to be a contender...but I'd throw a few dollars towards the trophy just to witness the bantar on the forum. Caferacer.net could have a spencial forum page dedicated to the "Championship" in which results are posted and discussions are held.

Yeller'
---
Ask not what the wanker can do for you, but what you can do for your wanker!

Edited by - Pete Casper on Oct 04 2007 3:44:16 PM

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
pepetual trophy is cool......

but how about a perpetual caferacer.net world championship belt?

just like pro boxing!

i'd love to walk around the paddock with someone following me holding my chapionship belt above my head......

i better get a cape and a cane!

maybe a derby or a bowler too......

yeah, that's the ticket!

texy

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Unga,
I was thinking a single overall championship. This would allow those that don't race on the track against each other to still race each other for the championship.

JC,
And our own Champ is in charge of USCRA points so there's no reason we shouldn't get them in a timely manor. It seems to be working well so far. ;)

Tex,
You win it and I get to be part of your entourage. I'll be in charge of your cape and cane. Maybe even your thong.

Craig

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I get to carry the pimp goblet....full of Pabst.

Yeller'
---
Ask not what the wanker can do for you, but what you can do for your wanker!

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
so its a go? only people who are members of this board are eligible. i guess we need to figure some eligibility rules. im glad i dont have to race in fcb at louden. i like 1 point for any finish. that will make fcb an easier class to run for points.

i think a plaque with riders names, and year. with hike ridden.

and yeah, ill start 10 pts down, that'll just be more incentive!

joe

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Should we get the word out to people that don't regularly follow this board? Might be an incentive to sign up. The more involved the more the championship would mean. I suppose we have until the AHRMA Daytona round in March to get people interested.

Craig

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I like the concept of points for whatever finish in whatever you choose to run, from 50's to whatever.
That way real strategy would come into play. If Joe runs in a WERA 500gp race and he's the only guy on the grid and gets a first place...then so be it, he's smart for picking that race. If run in 200gp and ULWSV and get two wins at one event...the I get the points for both wins.
In other words, no holds barred, the most wins, the highest finishes in any class at any track on the Cafe Schedule wins. Or maybe in ANY race anywhere in the country... if the results are posted on the web they count.
I probably wouldn't be in contention, but it would be a lofty championship to win no matter. Would require work, strategy, travel and lots of racing. Just like the professionals it would require some thought and planning. And would be an overall better gauge of your performance on a country wide scale than a championship in a single club.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
450 Posts
I think this is a very cool idea and of course I am in. I am going to pester dad to build me a stock 350 and a 50 and race everywhere I can....

21 - 40 of 145 Posts