Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, anyone got any ideas how to get rid of that Perch smell from your jacket?? my jacket sleeves stink. maybe i need to go for a serious ride through the rain again.

anyone?

time to start saving for a new suit.

jc

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Hang it out on the porch for a few days with something to prop open the sleeves an shit.

Get one of those blue inner suits...leathers slide on and off so easy. Where a t shirt under the inner suit and it soaks up all the sweat.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive had it outside, and smelling good. as soon as i start sweating in it, wham the perch smell is back. i just "washed" it. i just soaked it in a huge tub of water with some mild detergent. the water was disgusting. guess all those dead bugs just melt in. now ill let it hang dry for about a week, then see what happens. could just be from it getting wet, then not letting it dry properly. like when we have those insane races in a deluge. it was all i could come up with. i was working on my truck, my arms were sweating and it was like someone rubbed a perch all over me. til i stopped sweating. not as bad as hockey pads though.

jc

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I've heard that lemon Pledge works after laundering with mild soap.
Also cats hate lemons and are less likely to piss on your leathers.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i like to be safe.

actually, the perch smell transfers to my arms from the jacket. its really the only reason it bothers me. otherwise i could stew in it all day. kinda like farting with your truck windows up. really doesnt bother you. but it kills anyone else. lemon pledge eh??? now thats interesting.
ill come out smelling like a credenza.

i mean, doesnt anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how about hot dog baby puke?? hot dogs, man, the only thing cooked in that helmet is your brain. i have a new helmet i usually loan to the girls. if they dont have thier own.

me

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how about hot dog baby puke?? hot dogs, man, the only thing cooked in that helmet is your brain. i have a new helmet i usually loan to the girls. if they dont have thier own.

me

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the only reason you dont have a 2 seater is because your wife has guns!

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the only reason you dont have a 2 seater is because your wife has guns!

jc

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
and if ya came home from a ride with your spare helmet smelling like hot dogs.... how would ya talk your way out of it??????

gummo

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
and if ya came home from a ride with your spare helmet smelling like hot dogs.... how would ya talk your way out of it??????

gummo

1 - 20 of 29 Posts