Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive been contemplating going to the wera regional awards banquet to get my second place trophy for 500. its not far from my house, and i figured i might know some people there. and why not. so im talking to tex on the phone and im saying im mgiht go just to get my trophy. so he starts telling me this story about how they will mail them to you. because apparently someone didnt want thier trophies, and wanted to let wera have them back. so one day, a box and ups driver show up at his house with a 35.00 cod. so he pays it, not knowin what it is, opens the box, and there are his trophies! well, im having this discussion wiht tex this morning, kinda first thing, and then i get a call from my girlfriend at noon that there is a 20 cod package that showed up and she paid for it. and asking me what it is. so i ask her where its from and she says some trophy place. i tell her to open it and badda bing, both my trophies. now, its nice and all for them to send the trophies out. really. very cool but i got them before the freaking banquet! how funny is that! and they send them cod. wtf??!! anyway, you guys be on the lookout. i know whatevs took a 3rd in 350.

pretty funny stuff.

jc

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
That's stupid! You have to PAY for your trophy? I thought that's what the entry fee covered, among other things obviously. I'd be pissed off if I was winning a lot of races and had to shell out money to bring home the goods. Damn.

FR

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey fr, wanna hear something even funnier? i just got home. 2006 season trophies!!!! regionals. how funny is that shit?? yuo cant say you never got them though. they must have been digging out for this year. awesome.

i dont know why this is so funny to me.

jc

Edited by - joe c on Dec 31 2007 7:43:39 PM

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Thats pretty chinsy. Having to pay an entry fee and pay shipping on your trophies. At least the SCTA sends the Bonneville trophies frieght paid. Wonder how much your 2007 trophies will cost?

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually, there is a part of the wera rulebook that goes into it all. apparently if you are not at the awards banquet to get them, you have a month from that date to ask for your trophy to be sent, cod. so im really surprised to get them since i never actually asked for it. i actually did want them though. and we used to hold the vintage regional awards ceremony at summit. but then the vintage aspect of wera was re-absorbed back into wera. so we as a subset lost all of our rights to do that. so for vintage, its a new thing. i guess for moderns, its always been like that. whats weird is i thought it was this years trophy when i heard it had shown up. i never would have guessed it was going to be last years. thats kinda cool. in a weird way. i cant imagine what ropers mail person is going to have to deal with.

jc

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
And for all this you get a trophy without a motorcycle on it?!? Dude, that looks like a trophy for the local Eagles chapter. Like you signed up the most businesses to have a Gum Ball Machine next to their register or something. But I shouldn't dis your trophies, I have the worst motorcycle trophy in anybody's collection. We raced a half mile up in Bangor, and the local co-promotor was United Bikers of Maine, UBM. They f*cking sucked so hard it was difficult to say what they did worse, until we got to the trophy hand outs, then it was clear. They had gone to some shop and bought these silly little plastic trophies, like you'd get at day camp for being the best retard or something. It was just embarrassing to get one. I've kept mine to remind me how much UBM sucked.
Anyway, we'll have a competition to see who has the best and worst trophies sometime.

FR

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
now that's funny!

i always treasured my PARTICIPANT trophy from vintage celebration as the worst...ever!

and for as much shit as some of the members gave bob c, my still al time favorite trophy is the coffee mugs i won at the one belmont classic fim race weekend. i love when it is clean and ready to drink coffee from.

tex

http://groups.google.com/group/PhillyVinMoto

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
At least the SCTA Bonneville trophies are all metal and wood. They oughta be. The entry fee is high enough. The best one I ever got was a little tiny frying pan hat pin for finishing the Jackass Enduro. 160 mile of desert for an effin hat pin. No wonder they calld it the Jackass.

By weslake

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
quote:
At least the SCTA Bonneville trophies are all metal and wood. They oughta be. The entry fee is high enough. The best one I ever got was a little tiny frying pan hat pin for finishing the Jackass Enduro. 160 mile of desert for an effin hat pin. No wonder they calld it the Jackass.

By weslake
That's a cool trophy. I've got trophy envy...

I'll tell you the trophy I really covet is the Wally. I could die happy if I had a Wally in my collection. That I won that is....
I think I'm a little too late to the dance to win one though.

FR

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
A Wally would be the one alright. But, I don't think there are any machines on this forum that will cut it.

·
Registered
602 Posts
quote:They had gone to some shop and bought these silly little plastic trophies, like you'd get at day camp for being the best retard or something.
Man, when I read that line I almost pissed myself laughing, damnit...still got tears in my eyes.

Thanks!

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
fr, you really are the best retard though. and hey, did you notice, everyone got a trophy, if you know what i mean.

jc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts