Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...to morocco on Tuesday. Its been a year since my last trip to Africa. Can't wait, 8-10 days, just my girlfriend, me and my Suzuki Vitara. 3000km total, maybe 1200 on tracks. Temperature range from just below 0 to 50 deg. Celsius, Iriki dry lakes, nomads...and of course moroccan tea plus lamb tagine.
The adventure bit will be travelling alone in an old Zook...

That was in '09:

Chris

·
Registered
42 Posts
Excellent. That's gonna be a blast! Take lots of pics, the ones from last year look great!
But go on two-wheels next time! :)

Any weird visa issues/carnets to deal with, or can you just roll off the ferry and sort it out?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys,

pics as soon as I'm back.
AMJ- no carnet or such things, just a couple of papers with name, passport number and vehicle numbers. Those you only need when you, as we do, come close to the Algerian border- there is alot of military forts, just leave them sheets there when you pass. In fact, we will probably cross the border at some point without knowing, God knows where it actually is...if they catch you in Algeria, your in deep shit. Prison for sure that is.
Two wheels have to wait another half a year, I'm in need of a new bike first. My old man does it on his 2010 BMW GS 1200 a few times a year...he just came back last week. Pics (if anyone cares) also when I'm back.
I have two hours to sleep now, then im off to the port.

Chris

·
Registered
744 Posts
keep out of jail chris. over here its three meals a day, all the sex you want, and feasibly a lot that you didn't. maybe the algerians have better food i don't know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts