Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
IMG_5681.JPG IMG_5686.JPG dam i did it
i am not very good with electricity and wiring but i scratch built a harness a simple one ,no signals
and i have yet to horn it and brake light switch it but goddam it works no smoke
took me 2 evenings of stumbling
i dare not use my lith iron for testing that is why it is kinda hanging and the yard sale battery i tested all functions with
i used a good used fuse block bat main fused then power to ign switch back to fuse block with fused ignition and fused lights share fuse with solenoid
just a 2 in IMG_5678.JPG IMG_5680.JPG 2 out toggle
side panels cover all my neat work and hide toggle
cbr honda kill and start button
wires from controls come down thru steer stem as does throttle cable
final final assembly srsly all my fab is done cept for the pair of fox factory shocks

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
battery tucks,as unobtrusive as into frame nicely in all this area needs is a tidy n hidey session
gee whiz if i had built an open triangle bone line squid bike i could have put battery back where it was
battery is encased in a crashed aluminum garnered from a hard landing victim cesnas elevator and rudder aluminum sheet IMG_5697.JPG IMG_5700.JPG IMG_5706.JPG IMG_5732.JPG IMG_5733.JPG

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
swell side panels thats it wiring is all done
i truly love my around the corner friends george and sandy
george is a yardsailer having one about every 3 weeks this time year
everybody likes them and now all kinds of folks are bringing him box after box of stuff
what george doesnt sell goes on the free pile
needless to say i skower it often
i was going to get some formable aluminum but in the fee pile was a pair of old 8mm brownie projectors
both mint condition
so my side panels were halfway made and freeeee IMG_5811.JPG IMG_5796.JPG IMG_5801.JPG IMG_5804.JPG IMG_5805.JPG

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
welp its alive and gets off the lift finally
going to see if i can still ride tomorrow just enough to heat cycle the beats and then retork shit
i dint want to test ride in freezing fog anyway and now every foonkin detail is covered fabrication done ! IMG_0072.JPG IMG_0045.JPG IMG_0056.JPG IMG_0078.JPG tuning time

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
test riding now it is perfection i must say :Di dont have a speedo hooked up yet..
but from the seat of my pants i am sure it will do the ton
for anybody that is looking for a streetable pair of carbs for a 350 twin i can verify now that the cb750ko cable pull carbs are a perfect solution
you will notice i am having an issue completing the shift into 3rd
something about it ,maybe its got a slightly longer throw
i feel if i just get more deliberit with every shift it will be fine
all of the upshifts are clutchless of course
i will inspect my linkage and make sure that it is not contacting the sidecase cut out ..its very close and if the shift to third rtequires slightly more travel it could be solved with opening uo the window
shift points in this video were all under 9500
i have had it to 10 five and it really kicks in up there

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Looks good!

you should look at making a skid plate and engine protectors to complete the look

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Looks good!

you should look at making a skid plate and engine protectors to complete the look
thanks mang i am totally chuffed it runs way better than i could dream it would .
everybody asked what do you do to balance the crank afteb carving off a full kilo of iron from outer flywheels zones ,nothing and by god it runs a lot less buzzy than the sl motor did
and it is snappy LIKE MAN IT WANTS TO ROAST THE REAR TIRE AND SHOWER ROOST IN A SOMEWHAT CYRIL DEPRE
i have only had it on dirt to sample how it feels but you can pin it and just keep upshiftiong on cross-rutted shit that the sl wouild have been a handful on
THE FOX FACTORY SHOCKS THAT I BUILT FROM PARTS ALL I HAD WAS PIOSTONS I USED KYB YAMAHA HPG SNO MACHINE ULTRA LIGHT HARD ANODISED BODIES
JUST HAD TO TURN THE PISTONS DOWN .030'' FROM MEMORY
SHIMM STACKS I CHOSE FROMM THE FOX FACTORY ARCHIVES IN THE MANUAL OF VIABLE VALVING AND IT FEELS AWESOME
WHEN I GET OUT AND HIT SOME HOGH SPEED SHARP EDGED BUMPS IS WHEN I WILL SEE HOW WELL THE HIGH SPEED COMP STACK RESPONDS
RIGHT NOW IT IS ALMOST TOO PLUSH IN THE REAR I ACTUALLYN NEED TO REMEMBER TO JACK IN A BIT MORE PRELOAD MY SAG IS A BIT TOO MUCH BUT MY CALCS ON THE SPRING RATES AND CHOICE OF DUAL RATE SPRINGING ARE CLOSE TO PERFECT I THINK
THE FORKS FEEL GOOD IF A BIT STICKY BUT THEY HAVE ALREADY BEDDED IN A BIT AND GOTTEN MORE FREE
THEY ARE MADE UP OUTM OF PARTS ANDB THE DU BUSHES I HAD TO FIT TO THE LOWER STANCHION TUBES AND TYPICAL MACHINIST COULD HAVE GIVEN THEM A COUPLE MORE THO OF RUNNING CLEARANCE
LOL I WILL GET MY GOPRO MOUNTED SO WE CAN RELLISH THE BARK ITS ACTUALLY L;OUDER THAN I WANTED BUT OH WELL
I HAVE IT MOUNTED ON ONE OF THE MOTOGP INSPIRED WINGLETS AND I NEED TO STUFF THE CANMERA CASE WITH COTTOIN LIKE I USED TOM HAVE IT BUT IF YOU CAN GET BY THE HORRIBLE SHIT NOISE YOU MIGHT GET AN I DEA OF THE RESPONSE HERE
SKIDPAN IS A GOOD IDEA BUT I DONT PLAN ANY ROCK CRAWLING SO ILL PROBABLY SKIP THAT BUT SOME CASE SAVER TUBES ARE A GOOD IDEA
YOU MIGHT NOTICE THE HOSES ON THE SIDE CASE I TOTALLY BYPASSED THE 2 PORTS THAT TRTANSFER OIL FROM THE LITTLE ROUND COVER TO THE GALLEYS IN THE SIDE CASE
I DIDNT LIKE THAT THE IN AND OUT TO THE SPINNER FILTER ARE NOT COMPLETELY SEALED FROM EACHM OTHER
THE BWAY HONDA HAS IT FLOW ISN NOT OPTIMISED
I HAVE A COOLER BUILT FOR IT AND MAY PUT IN A FILTRT ELEMENT AS WELL SO AS TO DO AWAY WITH THE VOLUME OF FLOW RESTRICTION OF THE TRANSFER PIECE GOING INTO THE SPINNER
I AM SPINNING THE CLUTCH BASKET AND HENCE THE PUMP 10% FASTER WITH THE CB450 BASKET AND PRIMARY DRIVE GEAR LASHUP
I NEED TO GET MY ELECTRONIC COUNTDOWN ENGINEERING SPEEDO/ODO MOUNTED SO I DONT GET THE STATER'S ATTENTION JUST OVER 7K RPM FEELS LIKE 80MPH AND I,M REAL CURIOS TO SEE IF I GOT THAT GUESTIMATED RIGHT
GEARING I MIGHT TRY ONE TOOTH UP ON THE C/.S SPROCKET

1 - 12 of 12 Posts