Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.eastwood.com/underhood-engine/detail-paints/ew-spray-gray-set.html

Just needed to say that Eastwood Spray Gray is the best frame paint I've ever used. I shot the unprimed, scotchbrited frame of the CS1 with this stuff over the weekend, last weekend. 3 coats. Its acrylic lacquer so you only wait about 6 or 7 minutes (in California) to shoot another coat. Get close, about 5 or 6 max inches away.

A couple days later I needed to grind some off to braze my seat and tank brackets . . . . HOLY SHITE. . . . This stuff cured to a powdercoat type of finish. I had a drum sander, flapper deal on my drill and let me say that it took a lot of gas to get this paint off the frame and prep for welding. I am impressed.

I might shoot a coat or two of SPRAYMAX 2K Clear Urethane over the frame if I have any left after the body work and tank job - just to really make her POP! This is good stuff.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
i've used the eastwood chassis paint (black) for a couple frames now. it has a nice medium lustre finish but when i've gone to recoat (touch-ups etc.) the new paint makes the old paint go wrinkle :(
didn't seem to matter whether the original surface was a week old or a year old....same result. guess i'll try their underhood-engine paint sometime.
-parks

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
thanks for the review. i have always swore by PJ1.

cheers,

tex

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I have loads of Eastwood stuff laying around, generally been pretty pleased.
Good to hear the gray works.....

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Yep Eastwood. I've used the extreme chassis gloss black on the TA125, Bultaco and Motobi with excellent results-expensive. Some good stuff.
I also use an industrial grade from work called Great Dane and have had excellent results as well-free. Were talking spray bombs here folks!!

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
nathan,

too funny....i thought the same thing, but i was too lazy to look for an img file.

cheers,

tex

1 - 7 of 7 Posts