1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
154 Posts
Wow. I thought mine were in bad shape until I saw that! The seat I just threw out was bent almost exactly like that.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, She's a peach. But the guys were just gonna sell it for scrap value so I thought, "What the hell?". I also scored most of a XS1100, a home made Legends car powered by a KZ1100 engine a ton of Motoguzzi 750 parts, (frames, two complete engines, wheels, transmissions)and a seat of pin drive knock-offs for an Austin - Healey.

It all belonged to my uncle who died before his time and was a hell of guy. My first ride was on the tank of his XS650. Couldn't stand to see it all junked.

Gas Right, Clutch Left

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:

It all belonged to my uncle who died before his time and was a hell of guy. My first ride was on the tank of his XS650. Couldn't stand to see it all junked.
well there goes me telling you to take the good stuff off and set the rest on fire......

FIRE...FIRE.....heheeeeee.....FIRE!!!!!!

at least you know you can get the titles for these bikes. I've seen worse brought back from the dead but that 350 is racebike fodder at this point.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Agreed Geeto. I'll tear it down and see what's useable and junk the rest. Maybe this turd has a silver lining as my way into vintage racing. It's a long freakin way though.

Gas Right, Clutch Left

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
betcha you could sell those sidecovers and make back the gas for hauling it though. don't need sidecovers on a racebike.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
side covers $25-30, four turnsignals $20-30, headlight complete $25-35, taillight (can't see condition, but if lens isn't cracked) $20-30, front fender $10-20, front end $20-30, engine parted (depending on the shape it's in....) $50-200

i say $170 minimum. i'd take it down even further...
i.e: complete wiring harness = $10-20.

good luck!

tex

http://groups.google.com/group/PhillyVinMoto

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That was my thought. No need to go to the scrapper if a guy can make a little scratch on it. I'll post some pics of the KZ powered race car. That thing is gonna be a blast!

Gas Right, Clutch Left

1 - 11 of 11 Posts