1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
RIP Chuck Berry

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
RIP Chuck Barris
Demented or Genius? Absolutely one of a kind.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
RIP John (J) Geils. There are no anchovies in heaven.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Yea that one really stings. Saw him in Toronto with the Georgia Satellites years ago. Awesome show. "One foot in the grave and one foot on the pedal, I was born a rebel" Cheers Tom.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Gord Downie, 53, front man for The Tragically Hip and one of the good guy's.

From a cultural perspective The Tragically Hip produced the most important music of the last 30 years in Canada. If you're not familiar with the band look them up and take a listen.

RIP Gord, gonna miss ya.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Thanks all for keeping this going while I've been away.

This thread is almost getting too much to bear.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
RIP John Dunsworth (Jim Lahey)
Not a musician, but played the lifestyle of a washed up, drunken one on Trailer Park Boys.
Guy got to say the greatest lines ever written.

Reactions: Cyorg

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
RIP John Dunsworth (Jim Lahey)
Not a musician, but played the lifestyle of a washed up, drunken one on Trailer Park Boys.
Guy got to say the greatest lines ever written.
I don't know if that was actually written for him. I think they all talk like that in Dartmouth (where a lot of it was filmed). A good friend of mine is from Herring Cove, just down the road... give him some Rye and he sounds just like John.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Fats Domino, The King of Rock and Roll
This breaks my heart. Although he lived a long and rich life, much longer than he had any right to considering his weight problems, the world is a less bright place without him. He truly was both a great musician, and a great New Orleanian.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
It looks as thought 2016 was a really bad year for celebrities. IIRC we lost over 200 last year and so far this year we are only at 81.

81 - 100 of 114 Posts