Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a Harley Davidson Iron 1200 to convert it to a cafe racer. The first major mod was a set of clip-ons soon to be followed by a set of rear foot controls. The clip-ons with the rest of the bike mostly stock is a bit to scrunched in for me so I am hoping the rear controls will help.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Holy does that ever look like a Sportster with no handlebars!
Do you have a lot more to do or is it almost a cafe racer yet?

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
Couldn't you have found an XR1200 to modify? or at least a sportster roadster? come on, buells are cheap, jez saying.

with a 16" rear wheel and 19" front I don't think that bike will be anything fun and "sporty" to ride, and will be too expensive to mod properly.

At least the color is nice. Love me some metal flake.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
How you are going to turn a bike that can't lean more than a few degrees without grinding stuff is beyond me.

I hope the rearsets helped.

BTW, what's up with the gap between the seat and tank on so many stock HD bikes? You seat looks way nicer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a few more things to do. Rear sets going on this weekend. Want to chop the fender and maybe lift the tank up higher.

Sounds great with the upgraded pipes and clear air intake.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Cool thing about the current crop of Sportsters is they're all cool retro from the get......with nice paint, classic lines, etc. Not much you need to do to them to make them cooler. And the big front tires may satisfy all the Firestone enthusiasts.

More pictures please....I'm anxious to see this progress.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
I have a few more things to do. Rear sets going on this weekend. Want to chop the fender and maybe lift the tank up higher.
Sounds great with the upgraded pipes and clear air intake.
Awesome! but I think you should extend and rake the front forks too, would make it look hard core.
Maybe put a real Harley chain on there instead of that rubber band :|

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A minor problem I’m having at the moment is the combo of clip-ons and mirrors isn’t letting me see anything but my legs (I hung the mirrors under the bars since this last photo) and I can’t seem to find any mirrors that go out far enough. I may need to change out the grip and go with a set of bar end mirrors. Though I like the badass look of the mirrors hanging below.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts