Tire Wheel Crankset Bicycle tire Automotive lighting

ooo that looks rough too
Automotive tire Stairs Wood Rim Automotive wheel system

well isn't that clever, a chainsaw brake, no wonder it locks up so easy
Wood Font Gas Motor vehicle Art

Found it! The Powerplant ooo that looks rough,
this build is going to take a while,
Days maybe !

I'll keep y'all posted, I might need assistance with the bone line (y)

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heck no, it's for my 3 year old grandson, but amazing enough it is built sturdy enough I could ride it. It's built a lot sturdier then some of the frames I seen come through here.
12" Front rim needs a lot of love.

Front forks are not serviceable, little disposable nitrogen shock only on one side, I might need to address that.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Heck no, it's for my 3 year old grandson, but amazing enough it is built sturdy enough I could ride it. It's built a lot sturdier then some of the frames I seen come through here.

Front forks are not serviceable, little disposable nitrogen shock only on one side, I might need to address that.
It looked small but when I looked on the site it show 24vdc is the adult version.
Very cool little bike. Electric is a reat way to learn to ride.

·
Administrator
401 Posts

In some ways that is the most improtant bike he will ever ride. Well done Sir. I look forward to the build.

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, oh, I probably shouldn't have watched this video, I might want to keep it now lol

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's ok, I can't believe I can't locate a wrench small enough to adjust the spokes. He's going to need a whole set of tiny tools.

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A little disappointed I took the rear shock apart to rebuild it and discovered there is no shock to it, it's just a fancy spring holder, I'm going to try and improve it somehow, maybe fill it with jello instead of the dirt that was inside it.
Watch Household hardware Clock Font Gear

Swingarm bushings are too tight to work well so the deconstruction continues. I think they were trying to use tight swingarm bushings to make up for the lack of a real shock absorber.

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Ok this part is actually quite brilliant, they use the electric motor sandwiched between two halves of the swingarm. I think I found the first place I can drill some speed holes.
... and add some grease fittings for the swingarm bushings that turned out to be just steel plugs.
Crankset Hand tool Bicycle part Tool Wrench

If you're going to homebuild one of these things I would highly recommend you imitate the heck out of that design but build everything in aluminum and if you moved the centre of that motor to be in align with the swingarm bushings, that would reduce the unsprung weight considerably, the motor is by far the heaviest component.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Making slow progress here, decided to go with a Bumble Bee theme build, turns out there are nylon bushings in there, just no grease, now there's lots (y) I used that sexy red grease too.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Now what about a more powerful battery and larger gauge wires....

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Now what about a more powerful battery and larger gauge wires....
I was thinking, upgrade the front forks and set them into wider triple trees so it improves the amount of stop to stop on the steering, the front wheel 2" larger diameter with a hydraulic disc brake upgrade, run a wider rear tire and upgrade the rear shock significantly and fit it with a right foot brake instead of the left lever.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts