Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found the mother load, i found a collector of old junk bikes, he's a honda man has a cl350 and a collection of RD's some kwakas, and some old suzuk two stoke twins. (actually has countless stuff, about all sorts even bikes up to the nineties) also he's only about five miles from my house on the same road. i knew there was a barn find motherload around here. (not in a barn just a boneyard, but freaking A. i won't be able to sleep until i make it out there.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Yeah, and he will probably plan on "fixin em all up someday" as they rot into the ground until he dies and they are worth nothing.

There is an old Honda shop where my kids went to college I stopped in once in a while over the years. I always ask about old CA160 and C100 parts. First he says, "yep, I got all that stuff, but the only way you will get it is at the auction after I die". He's pretty old..

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the guy collects and sells, he doesn't mind people coming and buying them or parts needed, he has lots of partials, says he even gathers up the stuff that is half done projects. i talked to him for about 45 minutes on the phone (never met the guy first time talking to him) about the history of the local motorcycle scene. he said in the eighties and early nineties there was no motorcycle dealership in my town, so there is a large void of motorcycles from that era locally. he was really nice and i am going out there some evening this week to browse. if i had a garage i would pick up a couple of bikes.

·
Registered
699 Posts
when i get my RD put back together, i will show you how to store bikes with no garage. in my living room, KX250f...dining room...RD400. it works great and i can ride both right out my back door. don't let no garage stop ya!!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i live on the second floor of an apartment, a new apartment. i would likely get kicked out for having a bike or two up in my house. as it is we are going to relocate the ts250 to the balcony to tear into the engine.

·
Registered
699 Posts
ahh....apartment, second floor, yeah, i can see the problems with that. maybe rig up a lift to pull it up onto your balcony? LOL!! hey go, i think your garage is a bit of a drive from my place and you just want me to stash the RD there so you can ride it...i can see right through your motives

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Friend of mine rebuilt a Bonnie in his dorm room. He brought it in piece by piece so nobody noticed, but it barely fit into the elevator on the diagonal to get it out. The authorities found out after it was already out so he received a stern warning not to do such a thing again.

Ken

·
Registered
699 Posts
i had bikes in both of my apartments that i used to have, but both were on the ground floor and weren't in super nice places. my neighbors thought it was cool, so they never said anything. you do have quite a struggle on your hands though. you could sell your vehicle and buy a cargo van, and just use that for your garage. a sprinter van has lots of headroom!!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if the ts250 ran well i'd just drive it up the stairs, but then i wouldn't need to bring it up there anyway. i have been wanting a house w/ at least a shed for a while, i think my wife having her own bike to work should motivate the situation. so in due time i'll have a shed. (and i'll probably fill it so full of projects i can't even use it anyway)
my college dorms would have been perfect for a bike project, shitty hard ass floors, probably oil resistant, and we had big elevators, i would have probably been able to roll it straight in no problems, no sneaking about it. but i didn't have any money then. i actually can store project bikes at my work hell i think a nice smaller one would fit in my office (and would look at place)

given the choice two stroke or four stroke, twin or single, what would you pick?
given the bikes are same condition, turn over but may not run, rusty bits, complete, seventies bikes.

·
Registered
699 Posts
personally, i think a two stroke twin is more fun and sounds better than anything out there. but then again, i am pretty biased! i can also rebuild my motor in a little over an hour if need be and i don't ever have to worry about a valve adjustment. the twin fourstrokes are cool in their own right too, and you don't have to worry about a premix pump taking a crap on you or worry about having to carry oil with you to mix with your gas. it is really all up to what you can find and in what condition you can find it in. good luck in your search

·
Registered
854 Posts
Well then i guess i have been blessed ([}:)]) because there is a guy about an hour from me that has it all. it seems that every time i go out to his site he has a new bike. my CB's are happy he is around. check out www.waynes-cycles.com.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Well then i guess i have been blessed ([}:)]) because there is a guy about an hour from me that has it all. it seems that every time i go out to his site he has a new bike. my CB's are happy he is around. check out www.waynes-cycles.com.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts