Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, beginning of last week I was on my regular ride to work on a gorgeous sunny Pennsylvanian day when it happened. I actually pulled into my tattoo shop's parking lot, turned off my bike, took my helmet off and started inside. That's when I hear the whoop of the police car that has been trailing me for the last 5 minutes. As I walk up to the squad car I see another pull in right behind the existing one.

"Oh fucking great" i think to myself.

license/permit, registration and insurance he asks me. so i hand it over to him after asking permission into my backpack. after 5 minutes of standing in the sun he tells me that my honda actually isn't mine, and starts to get out of the car and pull the cuffs out. I tell him that it definately is mine and there must be some kind of a mistake. Well lucky for me that certain police officer actually gets tattooed at my shop, so i feel a little bit at ease now. so he tells me that the title isn't in my name and the tags are bad. obviously i answer that it is mine and blah blah blah. long story short the tag and title place fucked up and never processed my title into my name when i bought the cb. strike one. and he also tells me that the tags are someone elses from another town no where near me. the tags place gave me someones traded in tags that they were supposed to send to the capital. strike two. and strike three is the best, i have a suspended license! which i never received anything in the mail about! so as i park my cb in the back parking lot of my shop i get to watch a flat bed come and strap her down and take her away from me!!!

well i got on the horn and called the tags place and they just went "oops" we forgot! so i got it all situated with them. got fresh brand new tags and went over to the impound lot. several hundred dollars and a few hours later i finally got my baby back.

what fucking horrible monday that was....

just thought i would share....

cheers!

·
Registered
30 Posts
wow, that would suck. and i though my monday sucked when i had the front tire go flat on my gs and then she started leaking gas all over my garage. but now i see, thats no so bad.

·
Registered
30 Posts
wow, that would suck. and i though my monday sucked when i had the front tire go flat on my gs and then she started leaking gas all over my garage. but now i see, thats no so bad.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got the title place to take care of all the citations and pay for my new tags and what not. all i really wanted from them was to fire the person that fucked up, and they did. they're a bunch of old ladies that i go to for all my penndot needs. i was just lucky enough to get the newbie that worked there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i got the title place to take care of all the citations and pay for my new tags and what not. all i really wanted from them was to fire the person that fucked up, and they did. they're a bunch of old ladies that i go to for all my penndot needs. i was just lucky enough to get the newbie that worked there.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
is the "tags place" like the pennsylvania registry of motor vehicles or whatever they call it? (ie a state institution). and not to get personal, but why the license suspension? i had a suspended license for over a year once without knowing it for missing a court date because the notice had been sent to my old address. the initial "infraction was "driving in the car pool lane" into boston. and why the "ccouple hundred dollars?" just curious
-parks

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
is the "tags place" like the pennsylvania registry of motor vehicles or whatever they call it? (ie a state institution). and not to get personal, but why the license suspension? i had a suspended license for over a year once without knowing it for missing a court date because the notice had been sent to my old address. the initial "infraction was "driving in the car pool lane" into boston. and why the "ccouple hundred dollars?" just curious
-parks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my license was suspended for having a balance of $0.41 left on a ticket they never sent me in the mail. and the tags place is like the place where you can go to transfer titles and renew your registration. but yeah man, my license was "suspended" since december 07 and i never knew it haha.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my license was suspended for having a balance of $0.41 left on a ticket they never sent me in the mail. and the tags place is like the place where you can go to transfer titles and renew your registration. but yeah man, my license was "suspended" since december 07 and i never knew it haha.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts