Cafe Racer Forum banner

821 - 840 of 1031 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
I am not going to lie, that pipe sounds like an entire 1960's Grand Prix race (the whole field) when it's at full chatter, popping and crackling and all. It's actually louder and more offensive than my ducati which I didn't think was possible since the duc has completely straight through pipes (no baffle). If it were a keeper I would take the winter and sort everything out perfect but as it stands the push is on to sell more stuff. It needs that kind of riding and fetteling only a loving owner can provide.

who really eats pickled eggs? nobody that's who. Gherkins.
I've tried one and they're not that bad, love a gherkin though

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #822
I've tried one and they're not that bad, love a gherkin though
did you smell the fart afterwards? if regular egg farts stink, and pickle farts reek, pickled egg farts could kill small animals.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I can barely handle my own shits, I'm a proud parent of my flushed births

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #829
ok so here is today's new riddle......what would cause a plug to not fire at higher RPMs?

Cleaned all the plugs last night, fire the bike up and it's idling on all cylinders. Every exhaust pipe is getting scalding hot. So I take it for a 10 mile ride around town including a jaunt on the highway where it felt pretty good. Get back to the garage and #1 cylinder is cold. Check the float bowl and it's full of fuel (doused my hand in fuel and kissed any chance of the wife getting within 5 feet of me good bye, she called me a walking brown field which for someone in real estate is apparently a pretty big insult). Pulled the plug and it's fouled but functioning. wire wheeled off the fuel and carbon and hooked it up, nice fat spark. Decided to rev it and noticed that the spark goes out at higher revs (between 2.5K and redline). It's just that cylinder, and it's fine at idle and just above idle but as soon as it revs up it checks out. What would cause this? I'm thinking it might be a defective plug wire but let's hear from the experts. wire is jeg's brand 8mm carbon suppression core wires from a set of aftermarket coils.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Or swap that plug to another cylinder and see if the issue continues. This will rule out the plug in the equation.

·
Registered
10,540 Posts
How many times must it be said?!?!!?!?

COIL!

Reactions: CAPTAIN AWESOME

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #833
How many times must it be said?!?!!?!?

COIL!
It's not the fucking coil. Sit down and shut the fuck up. If it happens with both the stock coils and the aftermarket coils, then it isn't the coils.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #835 (Edited)
I've run every continuity and resistance test there is on these coils the coils are fine.

So here is a fun fact I was completely ignorant of....apparently the plug gap for a cb750 is .024-.028 and I have been gap-ing all my plugs (in every vehicle I own) at .035. going to try to regap the plugs and see if it makes a difference. I also learned that cb750s are not supposed to run supression wires with the NGK resistance caps.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Don't the coils run multiple cylinders on a CB750, or are there 4 of them? If they run multiple cylinders wouldn't the problem be on more than one cylinder? Not unusual for spark plugs to go bad when they are brand new.

·
Registered
10,540 Posts
I've run every continuity and resistance test there is on these coils the coils are fine.

So what?
Those tests are with them NOT running....

This is classic "crack in the coil", and has been the whole time.

Fuck the idea that swapping old/used parts into the system proves anything at all.
Swap the coils left/right on the bike and see if the fault swaps cylinders.

Hail Mary.....
Take the points cover off the bike.....
Take the bike out and see if the issue goes away....

·
Registered
10,540 Posts
Don't the coils run multiple cylinders on a CB750, or are there 4 of them? If they run multiple cylinders wouldn't the problem be on more than one cylinder? Not unusual for spark plugs to go bad when they are brand new.
Yeah CB750 run two coils, not four.
Generally coil issues show up with loss of spark on two cylinders.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Yeah CB750 run two coils, not four.
Generally coil issues show up with loss of spark on two cylinders.
Then why are you still pushing the coil as the issue when it only involves one cylinder. I imagine it's only because you like dumping on Geeto.:D

821 - 840 of 1031 Posts