Cafe Racer Forum banner

981 - 1000 of 1031 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
I don't need to give advice. My build thread is just getting started. If the boners will deflate, and people start to ease up and be technically interactive instead of hot for teacher, I will show an entire performance build of an inline 4. It is my intention here, and would be the first engine build i have ever shared, and might be the only. What you gain from the content might surprise you.
You don't need to do anything, but we don't need to think you are anything but a pompous douche.

What the fuck is technically interactive? Am I supposed to be impressed that I might be privy to the only engine build you ever share? I'm sure I might gain something from the content. I learn stuff from assholes all the time.

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
I don't need to give advice. My build thread is just getting started. If the boners will deflate, and people start to ease up and be technically interactive instead of hot for teacher, I will show an entire performance build of an inline 4. It is my intention here, and would be the first engine build i have ever shared, and might be the only. What you gain from the content might surprise you.
hot for teacher..... honestly..... the only reason people are still watching is to see me paint my arse purple, even though they know it's just a pipe dream.....

How about we move this shit show over to your thread.... or do I have to dig up the http://www.caferacer.net/forum/general/28041-dohcberks-washroom-yer-mum-s-phone.html and put you back in time out where you belong?

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I'd sure like to quit engaging this dude in every single thread.
This one had some good content that will now be harder to find with several pages infected with a bad case of douchebaggery, and it isn't the only one.
It isn't Witworth, I don't think. But I don't care anymore.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Look guys. If ya run this guy off, what's left? Virtually no build threads. A bunch of stuff that's never finished. Not very exciting is it?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
i found a tin of purple paint earlier while looking for a tin of Barley white amongst a load of magnolia for some decorating while I'm off work for a few days. I don't think you'll need any purple Pwalo, but it's here if by some miracle for such day of exhibiting your ass in the shop window is needed.

·
Registered
10,577 Posts
DohcBikes = Witworth?
No, he is not.

Kerry, was the dead battery the only cause you know of for the starter issue?
The lights come on, but we only get a relay click, but the headlight was dim in Columbus, so I know the battery needed charging. We haven't had a chance to get back to it because of work just yet, I'm just looking for things to check once it's charged if it still won't spin the engine.
Kick starter?

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Dave left the fuel on overnight, so it was too flooded to start right away, I just wanted to check off as many things I could on the list of things to fix. As David's first vintage bike, he'd like for everything to work, and this is a simple place to start.

Also, as that goes, it probably needs the oil changed to get the excess fuel out of the crankcase as well, right?

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #990
Kerry, was the dead battery the only cause you know of for the starter issue?
As far as I know. I was using it pretty heavy to get vacuum into the carbs so they would start to draw fuel up the jets. Since the carbs lacked an accelerator pump and were seeing fuel for the first time since clean I cranked it for a good couple minutes. The bike started each time with the kicker and ran for long periods at various rpms. If the charging system was dead, the headlight wouldn't have shone brighter when the rpms went up, but it did, something I saw both when I rode it and in my rear-view when we were going to the bank. As the battery died it would have also broken up which it did not do.

The lights come on, but we only get a relay click, but the headlight was dim in Columbus, so I know the battery needed charging. We haven't had a chance to get back to it because of work just yet, I'm just looking for things to check once it's charged if it still won't spin the engine.
I get the feeling if you just tell Dave to put a charge on it he's gonna hook it up to a car or a jump pack and fry the regulator/rectifier. It needs a trickle charger. For half a beat I thought about giving him the cheap trickle charger I have but I think I got distracted in looking for the chrome swingarm and forgot. Tell him go buy a cheap trickle charger (I got mine from autozone for $20, and my good one from Noco for a heck of a lot more). here is a good cheap quality charger:
https://www.batterystuff.com/battery-products/g750.html

To be honest, I didn't think of it at the time but the rear signal issue might be related to the battery being dead as well or rather not having enough juice to operate the signal blub, solenoid, pedestrian warning indicator, and the engine at idle. I remember him coming down the street where he left the signal on and could hear the beeping but as he got closer and the revs dropped heard the ped alarm go solid. On my K bike when the battery is near flat and I hit the signal the ped alarm does the same thing so ....start with giving it a good charge.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #991
Also, as that goes, it probably needs the oil changed to get the excess fuel out of the crankcase as well, right?
I would if for no other reason than the rich running with the wrong jets probably contaminated it a little as well. I use Golden Spectro in all my SOHC4s, I think I put dino oil in that bike but if he wanted to switch to a semi-synthetic he could. If he want's to go full synthetic I would walk it through a semi-first. 10-40W.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Good info. Thank you, sir.
I did warn him against jumping the bike with a car, and he's got a trickle charger. It sounds like we're on the right track then. It would be cool if the dead battery was the culprit with three signals, too. Oh, what a difference a couple of hours could have made, lol.
This alone is why I call bullshit on these reality shows that restore a car or bike in 5 days or whatever the hell...
You simply can't rush quality.

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
hook it up to a car or a jump pack and fry the regulator/rectifier. It needs a trickle charger.
usually it just fries the battery but it has been known to knock on to other components if it is charged "in system"

The biggest problems occur when someone rams a 6 amp charge up a batery that can only handle a couple of amps max.

As a general rule of thumb I never go over a tenth of the battery's max output when charging unless I want to quick boost or seriously warp the plates in the battery.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #994
As a general rule of thumb I never go over a tenth of the battery's max output when charging unless I want to quick boost or seriously warp the plates in the battery.
or desulfinate

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
This alone is why I call bullshit on these reality shows that restore a car or bike in 5 days or whatever the hell...
While I personally will NEVER watch a reality show, if you CAN'T build a running bike in 5 days with hundreds of thousands of dollars in production company money, and many months of pre-production preparation including pre-ordering all the necessary parts, tools, and supplies to complete the build, you should be put in jail for a minimum of 7 years.

I rejected an offer by Pioneer Productions (Fast and Loud) to have a bike flipping "reality show". I consider them to be part of what is WRONG with this country.

·
Banned
1,393 Posts
I rejected an offer by Pioneer Productions (Fast and Loud) to have a bike flipping "reality show". I consider them to be part of what is WRONG with this country.
Bullshit. You might have rejected the opportunity to submit a pilot. Dont fabricate, there's that arrogance.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Bullshit. You might have rejected the opportunity to submit a pilot. Dont fabricate, there's that arrogance.
Unless your name is actually Amy Lee, you don't know squat on this particular topic.

She came looking for me after researching Born Again Bikes and a few of my forums. This was before facebook days.

981 - 1000 of 1031 Posts