Cafe Racer Forum banner

1021 - 1031 of 1031 Posts

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Dude fuck off. Cyorg provided that spec while calling me stupid.
I actually didn't call you stupid, I'm sorry if you feel that way. You were doing the LOL thing when it was suggested that he rev the engine to see if the headlight gets brighter. What's wrong with using that for a quick check? You stated that "The common spec for break-even is 'at or below idle'". That certainly doesn't apply to this era of motorcycles. I'm just suggesting that if you really want to help, don't give him information that doesn't apply.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I am pretty sure that is not how it works. Almost positive in fact.
Yeah, I suppose...

Anyway, ZERO "reality" TV for me, apart from news, F1, Nascar, and NatGeo.

Science Channel has been producing more and more theoretical crap, but passing it off as fact (with precious little clue that it is, in fact, theory).

Hmmmmm.... maybe a relationship to this thread...

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,024
Yeah, I suppose...

Anyway, ZERO "reality" TV for me, apart from news, F1, Nascar, and NatGeo.

SciFi has been producing more and more theoretical crap, but passing it off as fact (with precious little clue that it is, in fact, theory).
TV is discovering 2 things at the moment: 1) original content is a big draw over reruns, and 2) original content is really expensive. A lot of what's being produced is low budget but highly creative. SciFi is not really the one to worry about - "fiction" is in the name of the channel and if someone is too dumb to figure that out...well...It's things like "The History Channel" when they put out stuff like "Ancient Aliens" and so forth that has me worried. But it all follows the basic formula: pick a controversial area with no real conclusion that can be supported by evidence, pick a side, present things that support that side, rinse, repeat.

As long as we are talking about it, the low budget aspect of it has actually presented an opportunity for film makers to be creative - as long as it costs nothing and can be proven to draw an audience a case can be made for it, heck roadkill and others have shown it doesn't have to be on TV. To that end, maybe we will actually see the moto content we have always wanted to see at some point. if we can get someone with real motorcycle experience and perspective to make something in the film world.

I always thought a motorcycle based show that used the english top gear format would be fun to watch.

I-am-not-saying.jpg

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
SciFi is not really the one to worry about - "fiction" is in the name of the channel and if someone is too dumb to figure that out...well...
Sorry, I went back and corrected that one, it's called "Science" Channel, "Sci" for short (in their logo).

Different from SciFi, (SyFy now)

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I love Ancient Aliens, sometimes it gets so stupid it's hilarious.
Prove any of it, and you've got something, but for now it's entertaining bullcrap for people easily sucked into bullcrap.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Got the battery charged, and the Blue Beast cranks right up with kicker or electric start like it's brand new again.

Dave is once again happy with his purchase I think.

We still need to rebuild the rear caliper and replace the brake hoses with some braided stainless ones, and run hoses to both front calipers. We also need to figure out the fork seals and turn signals, but this is all minor stuff, and the engine runs and sounds killer.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,029
When you had it running, did you check voltage?

Call pampadori for brake hoses. I used a set of his in the past and they are top notch. He will hook you up. I forgot to give you the splitter. I have a factory splitter for a 1978 F bike. You'll need to change the master too since the piston isn't the right size for dual discs and you'll need one with an integrated brake switch since the splitter delete the stock pressure switch.

Pm me you address and i will make up a care package.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
We ordered some new fork seals and a rear caliper kit for this beast today, and the 3 of us got out for a nice 40-50 mile ride in the kickass fall weather. I got to ride the 750, as well as Jeff's carb'd Hinckley Triumph, an 865 twin, and I gotta say, the old Honda is a little quicker, and sounds WAY better!
The klr is still a lawnmower, but it's gotten better as I've improved the suspension, carbs, exhaust, and replaced heavy parts with lighter ones.
Anyway, the bike is serving its purpose of getting three brothers out enjoying the countryside together, and is doing it with some great 70's character.
Bravo, Honda. Bravo.

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Any news on this bike?
Is it going to make it to MidOhio this year?

1021 - 1031 of 1031 Posts