Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
thats cool. i enjoy reading blogs of long range road trips, like that kid that took a CB550 from arizona to NY, i believe. i would love to do it, but not on an air cooled, carbureted, 40 year old something.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
this is a cool short read - ct90s 40,000 miles... through Mexico to belie etc.
http://cafe.comebackalive.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=43598

Its funny how mentality has changed even for tough guys. in 80 kids safety seats were a novelty. Now it probably a felony to not have one.

Our family friend who passed recently took a WV bus from NE USA to Guatemala. He wasn't technically minded guy either - bought a book on vw maintenance and took off. In 1960s.

Nowadays you are crazy if you don't have heated grips... not complaining - just observing.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I get all kinds of nasty looks from the moms when I pick my girls upat school in my 911. The 8 yr old sits up front and the 5 yr old in the back.

Speaking of, there was. Long thread in a popular 911 forum of a Philly guy who drive to CA, did a rally, and drove back in a 73 911 2.7l (obviously air cooled). Some day. It's on my list. Don't really care what I do it in. Just want to do it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I love the long road trip stories. We had a english guy over once who was riding his early vespa rod model around the US as a fundraiser for some charity. His son had passed away and he started doing these big rides on this old scoot(50's model)for charity. That scoot only did about 35mph with all his gear on it. Had to be a tough run, but he was happy to do it.

Really cool guy, with a bunch of great stories.
Love reading about those people.
Thanks,
Billy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts