Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in this thread, we can show off what we have bought, found, inherited etc.

I purchased and installed a sweet Nickel Town Customs disc lock for my bike.

the video :p:

so...... What have you purchased recently ?

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
Got Black Friday pricing on a set of lesters.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yep. Only one one side though? I think they are threaded, but haven't messed with it much. I think it's a bit older, and was meant for off road use. No DOT stamp like others I have seen.

·
Registered
10,485 Posts

I get a toy when I vacuum the floor.
True story.....

Im just PISSED that I couldnt find the aston DB5. Went to three different stores.....

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
two gallon sized zip lock bags of US made taps, mills, reamers, and such. for 30 bucks.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts

I get a toy when I vacuum the floor.
True story.....

Im just PISSED that I couldnt find the aston DB5. Went to three different stores.....
The silver DB5 with the Bond logo on the card? There's also a red version and a green version.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Bob will know what this is.

purchased as a parts donor, just need to start the drilling out of spot welds and violence with a 9 inch grinder.

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
The silver DB5 with the Bond logo on the card? There's also a red version and a green version.
I wanted the dark red one.
Silver would be better.

The hunt continues.

The lotus is going to sit on my desk at work, next to a 250GTO

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I wanted the dark red one.
Silver would be better.

The hunt continues.

The lotus is going to sit on my desk at work, next to a 250GTO
Jag, the walmart hot wheels bins here are groaning with red DB5s, if you can't find one by the 22nd let me know and I'll bring one for you to NY. It's weird how regional hotwheels are sometimes - we hardly got the green DB5 at all (it was a 2013 model) and I haven't seen a silver one, yesterday I spotted my first VW surf van which is just an off the shelf regular model (not even the super treasure hunt spectraflame edition).

On my desk right now are:
Datsun 510 wagon
dastun 510 coupe
bmw 2002 tii
Skyline GTR (1970's)
Porsche 911 RSR (aircooled)
1967 plymouth GTX
1963 ford Galaxie
1967 Buick GS
1967 Pontiac GTO
1961 Jaguar E-type (Matchbox Lesney edition unopened)
1967 Mustang Fastback (Revell Bulitt Edition still in bubble pack)
1978 BMW 635 CSI (Bbruago 1:24 scale)
1991 BMW 535i (Schabak 1:24 scale)
1979 Ducati Hailwood replica
2006 Ducati Paulsmart 1000
1991 BMW 325i (cheap gas station pullback car)
and one Spad S.VII biplane on a stand.

I bought some hobby store hot wheels vertical display cases so it lets me hold a lot more without looking cluttered and I am in the process of making a display case out of an Ikea shadowbox so I can hold more. I had to take the 1970's holden ute (with the motorcycles in the back), the 65 shelby cobra, and the 1970 firebird home because they were loose and I was playing with them annoying my cube mates.

which brings be to what I bought last weekend: an Ikea 8x10 shadow box and enough balsa and basswood to build shelves.

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
I need to go to the mall this week to finish Christmas shopping.
Will repot back.

I am home 24-28th and will be on the island.
Maybe sunday on my drive up we have chill

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
If you were going to the Javits show this weekend I could have handed you one there. Still have my Dinky James Bond DB5 from when I was a kid. It's missing the guy that goes in the ejector seat and one of the red tyre slashers.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I still have my 60's monkee mobile (Corgi). Its missing all the monkees except peter so it's not worth as much.

At one point I had a giant 1969 charger General Lee from when the show was on. It was big because you could put Mego figures into it. I wish I still had that.

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
Unsure if I will make it down for the javits show. 20% chance I will.

I have a formula one 6 wheeler, and a few other race cars.

·
Registered
745 Posts
VJ hillsy, not far off.

this is my VH however.

kerry: that the HJ/X/Z ute with the dirtbikes? Not seen one in a while now. Any chance of a photo?

1 - 20 of 309 Posts