Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Just sitting here enjoying a nice cold can of Squirt. I could use a slice a pizza though...especially home made.

Plus I never had the pleasure of doing 16 plugs but I have done 8...... now that's what I'm going to think of next time the chore comes up.

Drink Bottle Juice Non-alcoholic beverage

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Just installed the Ebay fork on the 200X. The other was badly bent. Different color but was only $28. This is my brat bobber 200 so I'm cool with the look.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
After breakfast with the family for mothers day........now my gift to my wife.......diagnosing and repairing her 200X. No compression. I'm sure she feels this is better than a Gucci bag.

Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Car

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Well figured why my wife's 200x had no compression.......bent valve....exhaust. But I'm puzzled. Nothing on top of the piston and those 2 impact marks on both valves...........liked they touched. The walls of the cylinder is smooth with no signs of anything being in the cylinder banging around. Whatever bent the exhaust valve needed to be violent. The only thing I can think of is the compression release lobe must of got stuck open or something. All it does is opened up the exhaust valve a little before compression for easier starting..........but it all seems fine.

I don't know if I should go further with new rings or maybe even a new piston with a hone. The intake valve seals tight with no gas leaking when closed. Maybe I should since I'm already this far. Anyone have any experience with the 86 87 200X?

Auto part Engine

Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Carburetor

Circle Concrete Metal

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
You live in a fairly warm dry area, so it's a little odd. When storing anything with a single cylinder engine, it's good practice to turn the engine over until you feel compression and let it sit that way…. both vales in the closed position.
Thanks for the info. You painted a picture like Sherlock Holmes. ........step by step illustrating what could of happened. Honestly I never thought about a stuck valve opened for prolonged times but it makes perfect sense. I already ordered the valves and think I might just leave it at that. I want to get this done as I got an HT-1 sitting around apart I want to see improvement on.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Sitting in a Truck stop in Ontario CA reading the Enfield forums. Thinking with nearly every post "this guy would get ripped to shreds in minutes on CR and never come back"...

All while waiting for my load out in the AM.
Your in my old neck of the woods. My nephew drives for Swift. I always wanted to drive truck ever since I first saw Smokey and the Bandit as a child. Maybe one day. But by then nobody would want an old fat trucker.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Damn thing knows I've ordered stuff to straighten her out. Neither pop or fart and the only bangs were the ones it's supposed to make...Damn thing screwed with me this morning though. Not used to a bike that won't fuel with the sidestand down. Couldn't figure out why it wouldn't pressurize the system on the center stand. Then I looked down...
sounds as if this bike is giving you some difficult times. When everything's working properly do you like the bike?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts