I assume you refer to Lake Trout and not the basketball players
ya, it's a stupid move to introduce non-native anything into an inland lake.
Been doing some research, would seem that I have a good case for the construction of a pond without a great deal of bureaucracy becoming involved, the rules I have found so far:
• A permit from the local Conservation Authority, if the pond is to be constructed on a floodplain or involves an alteration to a watercourse
• A permit from the Ministry of Natural Resources to construct a dam or to divert water from a natural watercourse
• A permit from the Ministry of Environment and Energy, if water comes from a natural watercourse at a rate exceeding 10,000 gallons a day
• A permit from the Ministry of Environment and Energy to use herbicides to control aquatic vegetation
• A permit from the Ministry of Natural Resources to transfer fish, if the pond is being stocked
• A resident sport-fishing licence, if fishing in ponds fed by streams flowing through the landowners property
With the site I have in mind I think I'm good with all of those.