Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 11 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I have old CV’s on mine and even though the whole idea was to keep it all factory I am considering changing them out. Mikuni 40mm BST’s. I was hoping yours were Keihin, they are what I’m thinking about. Thanks for the reply Sir.
yes they are, keihin 28, and the previous owner had them put on at a shop and tuned for the air filters (before any anti-poders chime in) pulls great 4k to 9. no flatspots etc....

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
That is what I was looking for. I tried to go to pods simply because you have to pull the battery box and disconnect much of the harness to change the stock air filter on my bike. The CV Mikuni's would not run above 4500rpm with pods cause there wasn't enough resistance at the filter to build the required vacuum. I put the stock filter and box back in and it ran great.
i have good luck with uni foam or k & n, always installed with a dyno jet kit. the kits are cheap ($100) , easy to install. jetting is close and i dont care about the low rpm stuff, even with stock air box and a 4-1 i always go with the dyna jet kit

1 - 11 of 27 Posts