Cafe Racer Forum banner

The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread

255K views 3K replies 107 participants last post by  captaincanuk 
#1 ·
I assume that many members here are doing lots of small, but interesting things throughout the days.
While those things might not warrant a 1000 page thread I thought it would be fun to have a thread that people could post the small things.
Be it a job done on a bike, or car, or just something fun you did.

Me?
I took the CB1100F for a state inspection.
Also waxed it, adjusted the timing chain, and a few small squawks that it had.

What did you guys do over the weekend?

See less See more
#6 ·

I went for a nice long ride in the country with my wife.
She just got her motorcycle license, so she was on the old cb350, and I was on my Guzzi.
We rode over 200 miles into the mountains of East TN and back home.
I'm glad she had such a great time. :)

P.s., This thread was a good idea! The jeep and vw forums I'm on all have something similar.

#7 ·
I replaced an airbag sensor on my truck, holding the bad one, looks like water got in it and froze.
Finger Hand

Made new steps for the porch, don't judge the bottom step is from the old set just need to get another tread and paint them to match
Property Road surface Walkway Yard Public space

Bought me a new weber and grilled up two beer butt chickens for a few friends while we watched the Wings game.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Transport Bumper

#9 · (Edited)
This past weekends shenanigans...

Bathed the dog. Record high down here @ 97ish...
Water Dog Canidae Fun Leisure

Finished putting together my new pc. mini itx setup to replace the old full atx monster.
Electronics Audio equipment Technology Electronic device Loudspeaker

Finally ditched wifi to the main pc and ran cat5. gig ethernet is whats up.
Pliers Wire stripper Wire Tool Cable

Been getting an "8F" code from my peake obd2 scanner for my e39. ECU/DME has a multi-speed fan module that either gets corrosion at the plug, or doesn't work at a certain speed setting. Gotta get to it, clean the contacts and hope I don't have to replace it. Gonna need new tires and suspension refresh. Not lookin forward to that...

Buckets - more pics of the Westy!
Skypuncher - you too! Full pic of the Dodge!

#26 ·
Buckets - more pics of the Westy!
I've posted some here before, its a work in progress. obviously needs to be painted back to the original. I'm not doing a showcar but a useable, campable bus. Last spring I pulled the engine and tranny to do seals, shift rod, bushings, gas tank and lines.

Land vehicle Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Mode of transport

Thats Steve under the awning

Vehicle Car Vehicle door Family car Automotive window part

My friends uber cute daughter on the child cot; a factory accessory from westfalia.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Mode of transport

its pretty original and stock. 1979 Deluxe 2.0 FI.

#17 ·
Finishing the 4.3 V6 I/O install and the rigging of this turd that I started 20+ years ago, which means I'm spending the day searching for nuts, bolts, clevis pins etc. Running a new harness, steering system, engine controls, gauges etc etc. all the time wondering why....

Vehicle Water transportation Boat trailer Boat Bass boat

Figured I add this for the Dodge truck fans on this thread. Bought this about 12 years ago from an estate sale. Love this thing and it just keeps on going. When I first got it, it was missing about half of it's horsepower, but a new timing chain brought it back to life. Other than that it's been bullet proof.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire