Cafe Racer Forum banner

1981 - 2000 of 2083 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I need to run a couple more air lines, what did you use? It has to be overhead, in order to get around a door.

OK, so I had no idea what I was doing so I got talked into this or at least the equivalent of this 10 years ago. Aluminum 3/4" or 1" pipe (I'm pretty sure it was 1") with fittings.

https://www.ingersollrandproducts.com/en-us/parts/compressed-air-parts-and-accessories/simplair-compressed-air-piping.html

Made it look reeeeeeaaaallll prudy....

Edit- actually it was more like 20 years ago... damn.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
That stuff looks spendy.... the two lines I need to run, only have to support a blow gun or tire inflator, so don’t want to spend anymore than I have to. Will probably go with copper, now that I figured out that chucking a battery terminal cleaner in the lathe can reduce cleaning time down to a minimum. Although copper bits are getting expensive too.

·
Registered
6,029 Posts
I just cleaned 2 big Esox lucius and I think that was the most gross thing I have ever butchered, time to go for a ride to get that one out of my head :|

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I just cleaned 2 big Esox lucius and I think that was the most gross thing I have ever butchered, time to go for a ride to get that one out of my head :|
Why would that be a big deal? Not that I would bother.... although they are really good pickled. I would be tempted to spend some time removing the slime first, so you don’t get it on the flesh. Stinks less if you do that.
These are interesting... caught a few, but never a blue one. Flesh is blue, but turns white when you cook it. Lingcod.

5111323D-8277-441D-8054-4A9EB8E62C86.jpeg

·
Registered
6,029 Posts
:cool: only seen one of those once.

I had no problem skinning em, but they have a bone structure that is almost like a snake, little y bones everywhere and I hate getting bones in my fish. I can filet a Bass or Pickerel NP
but I think I'm going to tell my wife to throw the Pike back unless they are at least 3 feet long :|

... MV ride was awesome today ;) that thing handles incredible.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
:cool: only seen one of those once.

I had no problem skinning em, but they have a bone structure that is almost like a snake, little y bones everywhere and I hate getting bones in my fish. I can filet a Bass or Pickerel NP
but I think I'm going to tell my wife to throw the Pike back unless they are at least 3 feet long :|

... MV ride was awesome today ;) that thing handles incredible.
That’s why pickling is a good way to deal with them, although not sure I would have the patience to do it myself. You can leave the Y bones in. I was surprised how good it was.

Could be why they call them snakes....

https://www.outdoorlife.com/recipe-how-to-pickle-northern-pike/

·
Registered
10,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,989
I'm just sitting here and waiting for my new bike to show up....

Reactions: nic579 and jcw

·
Registered
10,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,991

·
Registered
10,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,993
Nope...

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Bianchi, Morri, Tamburini running gear with a Harada-san motor and gearbox?
Nice... when's it expected?

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
My guess is he had sellers remorse and bought another fucking Rickman.

Ps. Put one of these kits on your Xmas wish list.... to bad they are kind of pricey.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0wIgQeYYLHA
Kinda surprised there's not some chinese rip off of those things yet.
I'd pay a couple hundred but the $1000+ for some of the kits is just insane!!!

With 3d printers these days, you could probably print off your own. (Actually I have no clue...)

·
Registered
10,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,997
I didn't have a Rickman.
Had a Yetman and Seeley.

New bike is more modern

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Kinda surprised there's not some chinese rip off of those things yet.
I'd pay a couple hundred but the $1000+ for some of the kits is just insane!!!

With 3d printers these days, you could probably print off your own. (Actually I have no clue...)
I was thinking the same thing about a knockoff. A basic kit would likely do for a M/C, 5-6 hundred is still pricey and hard to justify for my situation, but If looking at it relative to what a person would have to pay to have a pipe made.... I just hate paying someone else to do shit. There are add on kits that might be enough pieces to make life easier. https://www.amazon.com/icengineworks-1750-Modeling-Block-Add/dp/B01N8U23UN

If I was going to cough up a bunch of money, I think a decent tubing bender would be a better bet. I need a sidecar frame, so maybe bender could be justified.

3D is not something I want to venture into... still trying to learn how to use the tools I have. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2053049

1981 - 2000 of 2083 Posts