Cafe Racer Forum banner

2001 - 2020 of 2047 Posts

·
Registered
10,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,007
Holy carbon fiber
No subframe in the tail. Just one big piece of carbon fiber.
Even the front fork lowers are carbon fiber.

It's very pretty.
Is that a gas reservoir near the bottom of the frame box?
Yeah that is the remote res for the rear suspension.

Bike also has the upgraded "corse" exhaust from the factory.
Should sound rather good.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
lol Boat people
I think I have a propeller that would fit that shaft!

Setting up trials sections which is very cool,
I get to send the pro riders up sh*t that would make a billy goat puke.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Triumph Thunderbird 900 anybody know their way around one? I tried to help a fella stranded roadside on one today with no luck,
apparently it just died for no obvious reason, fuses and safety switches seemed all good, fuel in tank, lights work, starter cranks.

I got thinking afterwards I should have maybe looked for vacuum hose issues
:/ naturally we had almost no tools to work with, short of grabbing spark plug wires and seeing if I got a shock what did we miss? :confused:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Triumph Thunderbird 900 anybody know their way around one? I tried to help a fella stranded roadside on one today with no luck,
apparently it just died for no obvious reason, fuses and safety switches seemed all good, fuel in tank, lights work, starter cranks.

I got thinking afterwards I should have maybe looked for vacuum hose issues
:/ naturally we had almost no tools to work with, short of grabbing spark plug wires and seeing if I got a shock what did we miss? :confused:
My carbs I used for my yamaha XS850 engine are from that bike. Other than that, I'm no use... ;)
Since it is carb'd did it smell like it was getting fuel when you were cranking it? Backfire?
Would have been nice to pull a plug, but as you mentioned, no tools.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
He said he bought fuel about 80km before it just died at highway speed.
To me it didn't sound like it had very much compression when it was turning over on the starter motor.
He never called my cell so he must have got a truck organized and I had just left the bike dealership he was trying to call for help so maybe some day I can find out what it was.

Today I'm in the repair business on my 4RT, I think I have a valve adjustment issue, got really hard to start and warm up since last week.

·
Registered
10,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,016
Started grad school the other day.
Forgot how much I dislike school....

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Is that anything like our universities?
Universities are ok, they pay their bills well ;) you just need to go with a purchase order in hand and not as an enrolled student.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
I went through the same thing when I did mine... Geological Engineering (aka rocks for jocks because we didn't have hood enough GPAs to get into civil engineering)

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Valve adjustment

Yaaa! My 4RT was acting up at the last trial, died and didn't want to play yesterday,
figured it was the valve adjustment and apparently that is what it was. Holy those are a bitch to set.
:D dismantled, adjusted slapped er back together and it started on the first kick :/ almost wore my boot out yesterday.

... did you know: a wood stick with a Robertson screw in the end is a perfect tool for adjusting Honda valves :cool: (Ichiban would be proud)
And I think I'm buying another bike tomorrow Yaaaa

2001 - 2020 of 2047 Posts