Cafe Racer Forum banner

2041 - 2060 of 2083 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Bolt it in the centre of the mount so it will pivot downstream when it gets hit.
I could do that.... but how would I keep adding to my car parts collection?

Reactions: woodsman

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
Bricks and mortar work pretty good, is cheap and easy,
once you put a good footing in.
Thankfully we collect our mail at the post office now.

Rain today, calling for some nice riding weather tomorrow. :cool:

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I could do that.... but how would I keep adding to my car parts collection?
You are welcome to this, but you pay postage. Post is 3x3 heavy gauge and you could sink it into the ground a few feet. On a serious note, have you checked out the regs for mailbox installs... assuming there are some where you live? Making it too sturdy might expose you to some liability?
You really need to install a security camera out there. I wouldn’t recommend you try and extort the drunk that hit it, but you could sell his/her parts back for a tidy sum!

310953BF-FD08-4CF2-932B-E23ABF6A8E59.jpeg

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
Three of us riding today 64, 69 and 74 lol you should have seen the rock we had the 74 year old novice rider going up,
wish I had the camera going, I knew he could do it but just didn't think he would have the balls to try!

you old guys who have given up on riding everything else,
you really gotta try a trials bike is pretty amazing what you can do with them
even if you're an old dude. Geeto! do you want to try riding a Trials bike :cool:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
It's been a long week, but finally got a night off.
Sitting in the kitchen drinking way too much Stella. Alexa's been kind enough to play a few tunes.

Reactions: woodsman

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,049
Starting to form a plan on my next project.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I'm messing around with the idea of building a smaller lighter "cheater" tank for my trackbike. Just to waste some time...
plan b.jpg

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,052
"Project Bimota" — not a phrase you hear very often.
Can you use the term "barn find" for this era?

Bike has sat for a long time, so needs love.
Not a project in the "I dragged this CB350 out of lake and will one day be featured on PipeBurn" kinda way.....

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I'm in the middle of installing a bigger turbo, exhaust, tune etc on my TDI A3... looking for 200whp and 300ftlb (and 45mpg highway)/

Should have it done tomorrow.
Then I bring it to the shop up in louisville to have a fuel pump upgrade installed.

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,055
Cagiva?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Nope, wasn't kidding. Moto Guzzi V85TT.

My 851 is now my last Ducati (aside from the eternal single cylinder projects). After 25 years, the Ducati stronghold has been broken in my household. I thought the Aprilia was just an anomoly but it turns out it was a gateway bike. (That said, if no one buys the Aprilia I may well go through with my threats of using it as a parts donor for a Ducati project)

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Today the wife and kids and I are house sitting for wife's sister. Wife and I have been sitting in the hot tub while the kids pout about us not letting them in yet. It's the little things in life ya know, like torturing your kids because you can lol.

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
Today the wife and kids and I are house sitting for wife's sister. Wife and I have been sitting in the hot tub while the kids pout about us not letting them in yet. It's the little things in life ya know, like torturing your kids because you can lol.
When you go on vacation without them, make sure you tell them you are spending their inheritance.

2041 - 2060 of 2083 Posts