Cafe Racer Forum banner

2061 - 2080 of 2083 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
When you go on vacation without them, make sure you tell them you are spending their inheritance.
What do you think i use to buy motorcycles and parts with 😂🤣😂🤣

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Painted my under tray. (I had originally thought the sheet I used was stainless, but over time that proved to be incorrect.

.....and new EBC pads installed up front.

Reactions: CaTacL1sm

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Not enough to be worth it... lol.

stock bare tank weighed only 10.5#'s. Mine weighed 6.9? And that's before a front airbox cover section to complete the "tank."

The stock tank was made of as thin gauge steel as I was using. between 20 and 22g. Really quite amazing.
When I found that, I pretty much realized I was up sh!t creek. But I did it anyway since I bad mouthed an aftermarket race tank about 1 year ago. I felt the need to put up or shut up...

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Hope everyone is well. Been renovating the house to sell so haven't signed in for a while.. Going to move to Nova Scotia to sit by the ocean. Hoping the salt air will slow the aging process down. Only reason I'm not swinging a hammer now is I stepped on a rotten board and went through the deck I'm replacing. Knee like an elephant and landed on my man bits so all I can do is stare at all the work I should be doing. Stay safe, Cheers

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Hope everyone is well. Been renovating the house to sell so haven't signed in for a while.. Going to move to Nova Scotia to sit by the ocean. Hoping the salt air will slow the aging process down. Only reason I'm not swinging a hammer now is I stepped on a rotten board and went through the deck I'm replacing. Knee like an elephant and landed on my man bits so all I can do is stare at all the work I should be doing. Stay safe, Cheers
Tough break on the knee, it would be a drag if the man bits were swollen like an elephant.
Red Green says you should move one time zone east each decade after forty and you'll never be waking up at 4am

·
Registered
6,029 Posts
Rode the fast bike to my buddies place and helped him install a replacement well water system.

OMG that F3 is an awesome handling motorcycle, highly recommended if you live somewhere that has no speed limits.

·
Registered
6,029 Posts
Sold a Montesa today, it was in pieces scattered about my garage and I made him assemble it, lol
I adjusted the valves and it was running and gone in a few hours. bet nobody ever bought a motorcycle like that before.
Sold it to a local enduro rider on a smokein good deal as much to have another local rider as anything else.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
The last 4 weekends have been spent trying to get the shed sorted.
New roof, flooring, flashy LED lights. Shocking how much junk you accumulate over 20 years.
100_2429.JPG

·
Registered
10,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,077
Cleaning a cooling system.

Reactions: CaTacL1sm

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Cleaning a cooling system.
uggggg...

Here's my night...

Definitely the heaviest thing I've moved by myself. It's not in the best shape. Funny how you see things much better once you bring it home.
Seller said it weighed 1500 pounds but I think closer to 1200 from what I read. It's a decent mid sized lathe (not one of those 2 ton monsters) that is fine for cutting my teeth on. I have a smaller "mini" lathe that I am familiar with but without the heft of these full sized lathes, cutting anything other than aluminum spacers was an impossibility.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts

Starting on a styrofoam buck for the rest of the tank cover.
Never worked with fiberglass. Looking for suggestions on how to do it as easy as possible. Doesn't have to be perfect.
I plan on painting the buck after getting it close then using bondo for the final shape.
Then I dont know if I should just fiberglass that for the final product or go through the mold making process...

2061 - 2080 of 2083 Posts