Cafe Racer Forum banner

2081 - 2096 of 2096 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Cover the styrofoam with smoothed aluminum foil, the resin will melt some foam. If the foam is the shape and size you want then the first fibreglass work is making the mould, the part made from the mould will be the right size.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Keeping the shed clean and tidy didn't last long.
100_2437.JPG

Reactions: jcw

·
Registered
1,838 Posts

Nice day to ride by Lake Michigan.
Too bad the potholes and expansion joints on Lake Shore Drive are so bad, my battery popped out of its holder, pulled off the quick disconnect and set itself afire on the rear wheel. Lithium ion no less.

My pit crew (lol, wife was pissed) brought me my track bike 4 cell and a 10mm. Above was an 8 cell. Salvaged my QD harness and finished the ride...

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
Race day in Tweed today :| it's freakin cold and pouring rain and I still have to load the motorcycles,
If I survive I will try to take a few pictures of the carnage.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I haven't ridden since May... I feel slightly bad about it but I've been busy working on other projects.

Today I installed some coilovers and 16lb wheels on the TDI A3. Once the suspension settles I'll re-adjust the height, I'm shooting for a 1.5 finger gap between tire and fender.

Reactions: jcw

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
I rode so much lately my knees swelled up and I had to give it a break for 2 days.
Tomorrow riding lots more and plotting out an extreme enduro trail to the chutes.
Chutes is a very cool place, nothing but big steep bald rock outcrops, total traction riding terrain :cool:

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
Well, I now have my very own extreme enduro trail :cool:
Next I need a bunch of extreme enduro riders to beat the **** out of it.

Where the **** am I going to find extreme enduro riders :unsure:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I'm about to try my hand at fiberglass for the first time, too. I bought a bunch of resin and cloth over 8 years ago, but I've never found the fortitude to open it up and attempt to make anything.
You get anywhere with your projects?
I'm just about done procrastinating and am gonna bite the bullet and buy some epoxy.
It's gonna be ugly...

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Don't lie, Desmo told us you have been cheating, with another forum, and a secret Ducati is getting all the attention,
Actually, he was complaining that it's the other way around: Bultakenstein has been getting the attention, and the other project is the one just getting the odd spare moment of attention. I've just been procrastinating on trying my hand at fiberglassing. (No, that's a lie. The other day I ordered another seat base from Airtech, rather than even attempt a DIY version. So all the fiberglass and resin I bought from Aircraft Spruce eons ago will probaby stay right there on the bottom shelf.)

2081 - 2096 of 2096 Posts