Cafe Racer Forum banner

2141 - 2160 of 2182 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Doesn't look like it. Conflict with the 2 day event. It's not worth going up there for a 1 day event.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Someone asked for a custom collector and I offered to make a couple.

I'm not perfect but it is usable.
anyone looking to do this, a hint...
when tacking the two outlet tubes together, continue welding the tube edges together to create a "base" of material so when you weld it to the formed collector, you don't have to "backfill" the crotch area as much.

·
Registered
10,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,148 ·
I actually would like to try it out in the ice.

Have always been attracted to the focus on a specific purpose these bikes have.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
That's (y) awesome Jag. Now you just need a eighth mile horse track.

Two riders here for 5 hours today, they rode the entire hard enduro loop and there's a foot of snow in places but the established trails have been ridden enough all year to still be passable. If you have about a thousand bucks in studded tires, a serious MX type bike and ride like a maniac with no fear of crashing.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
My ice experience is on lowered and studded motocross bikes. That thing would would be pretty hairy during the learning curve.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
You have a snow blower to make the track?
Jag he's got the studs to do it lol
It would be an impressive spectacle to say the least.
Yea I do and it will cut a 7' swath. We could clear the size of open area we would likely need. I expect for awhile we would spend more time in the run out than on inside line.

·
Registered
10,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,153 ·
I live "down town" so would have to go out to the boonies for a good lake.
This thing is WAY too much for me, my skills, my bones, my wife.

Literally the dumbest thing in the motorcycle world. I wanted to find a nice Trials bike, or maybe a decent road race bike.
But nope, typical for me fashion.....out here doing it wrong.

Chances are slim I will ever actually ride this pile in anger.
Hell its 50:50 I ever even run it.

I should find some other nut case and sell it or trade it for something I would actually want.

Or just hang it on the wall in my garage.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts

Literally the dumbest thing in the motorcycle world. I wanted to find a nice Trials bike, or maybe a decent road race bike.

I should find some other nut case and sell it or trade it for something I would actually want.

LOL. "Honey, I am just a stupid stupid man".

It does really stick in your mind. I'd be comfortable giving it a go out on a lake, dropping down a bunch of teeth on the rear might take it from terrifying to dangerous fun. Can't say I'd be big on the no brakes deal. Is it direct drive?

·
Registered
10,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,155 ·
Yeah no gears. Just RPM and speed

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
After another years commuting in all weathers the Hornet was overdue a good clean and service.
The old girl's not very exotic I know but does get me to and from work every day.
100_2570.JPG

·
Registered
6,725 Posts

I'd be nuts enough to ride it.

Still no bugs yet, it is incredible nice here right now for walking or riding, I've been doing plenty of both. Also been breaking open Beaver dams to reduce the mosquito population and clearing trials sections all around a Hare Scramble course we've been building here all year. I've got miles of trails here now :/ and tomorrow we go into serious covid lockdown. Smartest thing I ever did in life was to retire and build a house in the middle of my motorcycle riding area lol

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Moving back to Fort Hood, TX.
I've got 8 years to retirement... I think I can do it all at Hood while still staying competitive for promotions. I hate moving.

2141 - 2160 of 2182 Posts