Cafe Racer Forum banner

2161 - 2180 of 2182 Posts

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Moving back to Fort Hood, TX.
I've got 8 years to retirement... I think I can do it all at Hood while still staying competitive for promotions. I hate moving.

Update... texas drivers are stupid as hell. Kentucky people aren't very bright, but goddamn texas.

Easily the worst drivers/most irresponsible I've ever seen.

I guess they're right, everything is bigger in texas, even their percentage of idiots.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Bought 4 sandusky counter cabinets for $600.
Need to make a butcherblock workbench top and add a few shelves above and a matching green 72" tall cabinet/locker.

Fled with pretty much everything but my mechanic tools:

And with 3 bikes and 2 cars, I've got plenty of room:

Still a ways to go before im happy, but its a solid start.

Reactions: woodsman and jcw

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Just a heads up ... do you have electric safety codes where you live? Circuit panel is considered a source of ignition, you're not suppose to put anything in front of it or near it for several feet.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Just a heads up ... do you have electric safety codes where you live? Circuit panel is considered a source of ignition, you're not suppose to put anything in front of it or near it for several feet.
Thats a good point.
Even though its a steel cabinet, code is there for a reason.
I'll have to see what texas says about it.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
So I should be good according to code. Hell, if anything this is going to prevent stuff from piling up in front of the box. The cabinets are coming with me when I sell this house in the future anyways.

I used MDF and hickory hardwood flooring for the bench top. All in, it cost me about $750 for the whole setup.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
So I should be good according to code. Hell, if anything this is going to prevent stuff from piling up in front of the box. The cabinets are coming with me when I sell this house in the future anyways.

I used MDF and hickory hardwood flooring for the bench top. All in, it cost me about $750 for the whole setup.

Brilliant idea using the hardwood flooring for the top.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts

·
Registered
10,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,174 ·
im 100% looking to retire "early"

Reactions: TrialsRider

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Professional motorcycle rider living on a fixed income.
Monday is recovery day because Saturday and Sunday is usually very hard on the body, by Tuesday you will be looking for somebody to ride with, by Wednesday your other retired or self employed friends are ready to ride some and Thursday is usually motorcycle maintenance day to get ready for the weekend which hopefully starts on Friday.

... very happy I did not crash the KTM I borrowed yesterday to ride **** I had no business trying to ride at high speed following insanely fast riders.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts

·
Registered
10,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,177 ·
Are you on the FIRE train?
ISH.

Im not living in a camper and saving 80% of my income.
BUT I am being mindful of finance and trying to maximize "value" in my actions.

Mostly simple shit, but apparently many people are not doing the same.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
ISH.

Im not living in a camper and saving 80% of my income.
BUT I am being mindful of finance and trying to maximize "value" in my actions.

Mostly simple shit, but apparently many people are not doing the same.
I'm trying to set things up for complete financial independence too, once I retire from the Army... the thought of doing ANOTHER 20 year career after this one fills me with dread.

I've been practicing Infinite Banking Concept using my dividend paying whole life insurance policy as a vehicle for investing in tangible assets for the past few years. Its an edgy strategy, but it should work pretty well lol

·
Registered
10,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,179 ·
Have not heard about that. Sounds cool from the name!

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Have not heard about that. Sounds cool from the name!
Theres a few books on it, and i can send you some info on it if you want. Its the cornerstone of my retirement strategy, but its not for everyone.

At its core, its a way of managing positive cash flow

2161 - 2180 of 2182 Posts