Cafe Racer Forum banner
2181 - 2200 of 2208 Posts

·
Registered
10,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,185 ·
Last Ducati belt change I did while drinking a beer and having a cigar.
Figured I should try this one by the pool.
Have ZERo idea why so many take these bikes off their radar because of the belt service. It is so easy and cheap.

Feel free to drop by. Can sit by the pool and stare at the bikes, or go for a blast around the back roads.

Reactions: jcw and TrialsRider

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
I hear the best way to start getting into track days is via a minibike track... the risks are lower across the board and you can really get a feel for what it's like.

Moped GP looks like a blast

·
Registered
10,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,189 ·
I love following these guys race 125s

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I saw a gsxr125 at the motoshow pre covid and thought that would be pretty damn fun and looked pretty racy too.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Went to pick up some coffee beans, 50 mile round trip.. Saw an 8mpg increase with my jetting changes... now just need to recheck the timing.

Reactions: jcw

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Set out for a ride today, following behind a rainstorm. Bike was acting a little weird at lower revs, but I chalked it up to being cooler out than usual (take longer to warm up).
1/3 of the way to where I was going the storm started to circle back... pulled over to wipe my sunglasses and visor and realized fuel was dribbling out of the carb intake.
Set out back home in a torrential downpour, turning the petcock on and off so I wouldn't blow up.

And its not even 730am.

I started using ethanol-free fuel... do you think that switch could've shrunk the rubber seal on the float valve? It didn't leak the last 50 mile trip, and had only a 2:5 mix of regular and ethanol-free. I topped it off again with about 1.2 gallons of ethanol-free when I got back from that first ride, further diluting the ethanol.

Well I'll get a rebuild kit and go through the carbs I guess :-/

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Set out for a ride today, following behind a rainstorm. Bike was acting a little weird at lower revs, but I chalked it up to being cooler out than usual (take longer to warm up).
1/3 of the way to where I was going the storm started to circle back... pulled over to wipe my sunglasses and visor and realized fuel was dribbling out of the carb intake.
Set out back home in a torrential downpour, turning the petcock on and off so I wouldn't blow up.

And its not even 730am.

I started using ethanol-free fuel... do you think that switch could've shrunk the rubber seal on the float valve? It didn't leak the last 50 mile trip, and had only a 2-5 mix of regular and ethanol-free. I topped it off again with about 1.2 gallons of ethanol-free when I got back from that first ride, further diluting the ethanol.

Well I'll get a rebuild kit and go through the carbs I guess :-/
Oh the joys of carb'd bikes.
I get that intake fuel drip. But not while running that I recall...
I dont think my keihin carbs float valve/needle are rubber tipped but I know some are.
Could have been just some debris? Sometimes I'll empty the float bowls and check for sediment.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Oh the joys of carb'd bikes.
I get that intake fuel drip. But not while running that I recall...
I dont think my keihin carbs float valve/needle are rubber tipped but I know some are.
Could have been just some debris? Sometimes I'll empty the float bowls and check for sediment.
I don't know if it was leaking while running, as I didn't stick around to check, though the way the bike was acting at low RPMs seems to indicate it might have been.. it smoothed out higher up.

I'm 99% sure that the cone on the float valve is rubber/plastic material:

And the fact that it seems to have been flooding out of all 4 carb mouths might correlate with that.

Reactions: jcw

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Guys, I need some advice...
I have suspected for some time now that my girlfriend has been cheating on me. You know, the usual signs, the phone rings and when I answer the caller hangs up. She goes out with the girls a lot. I usually try to stay awake to look out for her when she comes home, but I always fall asleep. Anyway, last night about miudnight, i woke up and she was not at home. So, I hid in the garage behind my bike and waited for her. When she came home, she got out of this sports car, buttoming her blouse. Then she took her panties out of her purse and put them back on. It was at that moment, while couching beside my bike that I noticed a small crack in the upper suspension mount. Is that something I can weld, or do I need to replace the whole thing?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Guys, I need some advice...
I have suspected for some time now that my girlfriend has been cheating on me. You know, the usual signs, the phone rings and when I answer the caller hangs up. She goes out with the girls a lot. I usually try to stay awake to look out for her when she comes home, but I always fall asleep. Anyway, last night about miudnight, i woke up and she was not at home. So, I hid in the garage behind my bike and waited for her. When she came home, she got out of this sports car, buttoming her blouse. Then she took her panties out of her purse and put them back on. It was at that moment, while couching beside my bike that I noticed a small crack in the upper suspension mount. Is that something I can weld, or do I need to replace the whole thing?
Sounds like you need to replace everything.

·
Registered
10,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,199 ·
It is on my list of things to try.

I hope it goes better then the time I bought a methanol speedway bike...

Reactions: TrialsRider

·
Registered
6,769 Posts
It is on my list of things to try.

I hope it goes better then the time I bought a methanol speedway bike...
I have a spare bike, lots of places to ride it and a small lake that has never seen a scuba diver before. Make it a post covid camping trip.

2181 - 2200 of 2208 Posts