Cafe Racer Forum banner
2241 - 2260 of 2323 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Well, since we are on a dog discussion my little one came up lame on the front left paw this morning. She was fine last night. No obvious injury, likely pulled a muscle. Will have to keep tabs on her for the day.
One of our retrievers did that twice. No idea how she was hurting herself... and I've forgotten what the injury even was now but our vet's dog had done it too.

Good looking dog. I have an Aussie Shepard. He is at the other end of life and still terrified in storms or with fireworks. He won't even hang around if I start a bike. Hunting season is his least favorite time of year. I have a walk in shower in the en-suite and that is where he likes to be during storms. I think likely the chewing is a puppy response and he'll grow out of it.
Ollie is a border collie/aussie mix. And he's 12 years old, so I'm not sure he'll be outgrowing this. ;) Yeah, I call him a pup but every dog we've ever had has been a "pup" to me their entire lives. Desmo lived to just shy of his 17th birthday but was still a pup to me.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Millyard has a new video out, FYI

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Had the NTV mot'd yesterday and had a very pleasant run this morning.
Always a bonus if nothing falls off.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Reactions: Tinsnips

·
Administrator
306 Posts
Oh crap! You OK? How is the bike? Nice country out there though and it was a perfect day. Sorry to hear. We don't bounce like we used to.

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Oh crap! You OK? How is the bike? Nice country out there though and it was a perfect day. Sorry to hear. We don't bounce like we used to.
The bike is fine (y) needs new grips, I pancaked it at the bottom of a big rock drop and drove the end of the handlebars into my ribs just above the heart, then it tried to rip off my arm pit, that really hurts more then the broken rib. DNF'd that 2 day and I just hope I heal fast enough to ride by next weekend. Been riding lots and getting really good so I don't want to lose that to inactivity.

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Holy o_O I just googled it and they say 6 weeks to heal ribs, that's no good I don't want to wait that long.

... says I need collagen to promote bone repair, anybody ever tried it?

·
Administrator
306 Posts
Ouch. Broken ribs are no joke and heal slow. Laughing is real painful. Were you very far in? Something like that 10 or 20 miles from the road is tough to get out of, I am guessing you rode it back? That must have been fun.

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Ouch. Broken ribs are no joke and heal slow. Laughing is real painful. Were you very far in? Something like that 10 or 20 miles from the road is tough to get out of, I am guessing you rode it back? That must have been fun.
Got lucky this time it was in section 10 and that is right at the pits, the other riders took good care of me and they even came up with a pretty nurse. Hurts real bad to cough.

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Collagen is in bone broth naturally, i’ve taken it for my rheumatoid arthritis. My aunt drinks a pint a day and has never had to take meds for her RA.
Old people like broth right? Haha
Yummy! Looks like I get to eat broth made from bones, feet, hooves, beaks, gizzards and fins for a while. So basically all of the stuff I would normally throw out :LOL:

·
2,007 Posts
Fitted up my ugly ass tank I've been working on...
View attachment 103470
View attachment 103471
Finally got around to working on the tank again. This sat around for a year, I guess. Time flies.
Welding a thin walled tubing frame seemed the easiest and most secure way for me to attach the tank at the steering stem end instead of messing with fiberglass.

It's laughable how asymmetric the tank is... the airbox is actually slightly offset to the left and that threw me off a little. But the main reason was I just kinda eyeballed things as I went.

A few more tubes and I'll leak test her again and maybe it'll be in service soon.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I used my plastic welder to fix the trim skirt on the driver seat of my wife's minivan. I didn't get a picture of the repair, and the back side wasn't pretty, but I used a bunch of filler rod and I think it's more than strong enough.
It's good to have tools.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
the Z1 learned a new trick... the starter button only works if the bike is at an angle of 85* or less. If I sit on the bike and have it at 90*, the starter button does nothing. Theoretically, this will be a simple problem to solve.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Nice. Tip the starter switch 5 degrees! Solved.
Thats some Red Green shit right there lol.

If I could guarantee that it was just an isolated quirk, then I could live with it... but we all know how things like this can go and lead to you stranded or broken down on the side of the road.

Also, that feeling when you finally adjust that 1/16th -1/8" of slack out of your throttle cables and everything is so crisp.

2241 - 2260 of 2323 Posts