Cafe Racer Forum banner
2281 - 2300 of 2310 Posts

·
Administrator
280 Posts
I have old CV’s on mine and even though the whole idea was to keep it all factory I am considering changing them out. Mikuni 40mm BST’s. I was hoping yours were Keihin, they are what I’m thinking about. Thanks for the reply Sir.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I have old CV’s on mine and even though the whole idea was to keep it all factory I am considering changing them out. Mikuni 40mm BST’s. I was hoping yours were Keihin, they are what I’m thinking about. Thanks for the reply Sir.
yes they are, keihin 28, and the previous owner had them put on at a shop and tuned for the air filters (before any anti-poders chime in) pulls great 4k to 9. no flatspots etc....

·
Administrator
280 Posts
That is what I was looking for. I tried to go to pods simply because you have to pull the battery box and disconnect much of the harness to change the stock air filter on my bike. The CV Mikuni's would not run above 4500rpm with pods cause there wasn't enough resistance at the filter to build the required vacuum. I put the stock filter and box back in and it ran great.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
That is what I was looking for. I tried to go to pods simply because you have to pull the battery box and disconnect much of the harness to change the stock air filter on my bike. The CV Mikuni's would not run above 4500rpm with pods cause there wasn't enough resistance at the filter to build the required vacuum. I put the stock filter and box back in and it ran great.
i have good luck with uni foam or k & n, always installed with a dyno jet kit. the kits are cheap ($100) , easy to install. jetting is close and i dont care about the low rpm stuff, even with stock air box and a 4-1 i always go with the dyna jet kit

·
Administrator
280 Posts
I used 6Sigma for my jet kit. They did a great job. Specifically designed to the bike, carb, exhaust, intake, altitude, and use. I have used K&N in the past with no issues but have read since they scored lower on performance testing than other brands allowing more particulate through in some cases. The Uni scored higher if I recall. For a race application it is likely a moot point. A road bike may or may not be affected by that. I will likely use B&M again anyway if I don't go to the Uni.

·
Registered
67 Triumph T120R, 04 BMW 1200 GS
1,154 Posts
Well the house got finished and sold and I headed east in an old MCI Coach with everything I owned in it. What a fuckin trip with the "Blunder-Bus" Found a house and bought it. Wife says it's nice but I dunno. I was to busy staring at the Garage. 2 stories: Now maybe I can get shit done. If yer ever thinking of riding east look me up.
Plant Cloud Sky Wheel Building
Cloud Building Sky Plant Wood

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Well the house got finished and sold and I headed east in an old MCI Coach with everything I owned in it. What a fuckin trip with the "Blunder-Bus" Found a house and bought it. Wife says it's nice but I dunno. I was to busy staring at the Garage. 2 stories: Now maybe I can get shit done. If yer ever thinking of riding east look me up. View attachment 105281 View attachment 105282
It looks like a nice spot. Good to see you posting.

One of my kids and his better half are in Nova Scotia getting a feel for the housing market with the idea of a spring move. I am hoping to be able to get the Travco completed for late summer 22 and make a run east. I will have something in tow. I imagine there are some nice rides there.

·
Registered
67 Triumph T120R, 04 BMW 1200 GS
1,154 Posts
Oh that garage would seal the deal for me. Congratulations. Where east? New Brunswick?
Bear River Nova Scotia. I've been working in a dingy shed with a dirt floor for years in Ontario. This is going to be a treat. The last owner even put a bunch of drainage in the floor so you could just hose it down for cleaning. Tore my old Bonneville down and got as far as finishing the frame for paint but needed an actual space to give it the attention it deserves. Wifes gonna miss me er ......not

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
I just finished a 14.5 hour drive back from Louisville... 1 year old in tow.

Not looking forward to my inbox tomorrow... one project is supposed to start installing the cementatious siding and roof decking, and I have 6 contract modifications to finish for the other project.

Reactions: Tinsnips

·
Administrator
280 Posts
Is that the prefinished cement composite siding Cat ? The stuff that looks like wood siding? I think you pre drill and nail? The house next door got done and it looked like a great product.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
No, its exterior grade plain siding. There will be a masonry cladding with a 1" gap in between for ventilation and drainage.

Its a Corps of Engineers lake admin/operations building

Reactions: Tinsnips
2281 - 2300 of 2310 Posts