Cafe Racer Forum banner
2301 - 2310 of 2310 Posts

·
Administrator
280 Posts
Well, I rode to work this morning under beautiful blue skies and at 2:30 they turned black. I said we ya later and headed home. Almost made it. HEAVY down pour but no hail thankfully. First time I the rain on that bike, the tank and fairings have a great way of channeling all the water right to your crotch. Oh well, still better than driving the truck.

·
Administrator
280 Posts
I rehomed the last of my fresh water aquarium stock last night and will be beginning the task of switching over to a salt water reef tank. Anybody here keep a salt water tank?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I rehomed the last of my fresh water aquarium stock last night and will be beginning the task of switching over to a salt water reef tank. Anybody here keep a salt water tank?
Yes Tinsnips. I've been keeping marines since 1985. This little Kent Bio Reef was set up 5 years ago.
Water Natural environment Plant Botany Organism

·
Administrator
280 Posts
Beautiful! I have 90lbs of dry rock to cure and cycle and my goal is soft corals and invertebrates with a few fish. I am hoping to be cycled and ready for livestock in November.

·
Registered
1979 XS750
104 Posts
Adjusted the preload on my vulcan, carrying more gear lately to work.
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Automotive fuel system

it’s way back in there but I didn’t have to take anything off to get to it (y)
Automotive tire Auto part Motor vehicle Metal Close-up

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
So last night I replaced a leaking float bowl gasket while the carbs were still on the bike... I took the opportunity to replace the float valve seat o-ring as well. This morning I go to take a ride and noticed that the carb was still leaking.
My dumbass put the float in upside-down. Took the carbs off and did it right... also took the time to replace all the float valve seat o-rings and bowl gaskets. Hopefully it's the last time I have to do it for the next year or so.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Trying do diagnose some weird wiring issues between the headlight, instrument panel, and turn signals.

PO has the brown taillight wire spliced into the white headlight wire. I’m hoping that brown wire is just an extra and is going to one of the switches and should hook up somewhere else. Plus I want to get rid of all those crappy blue connectors.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
oof... if that's an indication of the rest of the wiring harness, you might just want to get a brand new one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
oof... if that's an indication of the rest of the wiring harness, you might just want to get a brand new one.
Fortunately it’s not. The main junction under the tank and everywhere else is legit, it’s just here in the bucket. One of the POs had replaced the turn signals at some point and did who-knows-what. ¯\(ツ)

2301 - 2310 of 2310 Posts