Cafe Racer Forum banner
2341 - 2359 of 2359 Posts

·
Registered
7,097 Posts
Yesterdays hard enduro was a tremendous success :LOL: a few new riders to our venue now have a much better understanding of what makes it a 'Hard' enduro.
Congratulations to the winners, gold class was Brian Wojnarowski and the silver was taken by Tyler Haught (y)
No serious injuries reported yesterday, just plenty of broken motorcycles. Today is course clean-up day and the weather is still great, so I better get at it.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Yesterdays hard enduro was a tremendous success :LOL: a few new riders to our venue now have a much better understanding of what makes it a 'Hard' enduro.
Congratulations to the winners, gold class was Brian Wojnarowski and the silver was taken by Tyler Haught (y)
No serious injuries reported yesterday, just plenty of broken motorcycles. Today is course clean-up day and the weather is still great, so I better get at it.
You couldn't have done much better for weather.

·
Registered
7,097 Posts
Was a perfect day for cleanup today too, the guys and ladies did a great job of officiating, riders had a great time, pretty darn good for a first ever race by a brand new club. Brian shared telemetry from his first place ride and the consistency in loop times was nothing short of incredible despite deteriorating mud conditions in the course he can do loops in just over 24 minutes and he could probably do loops all day long :alien:

·
Registered
7,097 Posts
I found a good video of a bunch of us practice riding but there is swear words in the sound track am I allowed to post that here with a foul language warning, or will that get me ****-canned

·
Registered
7,097 Posts
Rebuilt a fork.
Spring side, was the lower bushing ever worn out too! No wonder it started blowing oil after the last time I loaned her out (y) now it works good again and today is yet another perfect riding day to test her out.

·
Registered
7,097 Posts
We had about an inch of snow fall here last night and lake is almost completely ice covered, if we have about 2 inches of freezing rain this week, :cool: that would make me a very happy rider and really upset almost everybody else. I hope we get freezing rain.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I've never experienced snow. Probably never will. I'm envious.
That's just crazy talk!

I grew up in Minnesota, a northern state where snow is a fact of life. While it was fun to see people's reactions to it when they had never seen it before, the really humorous stuff was being at the airport when it was below zero (Fahrenheit) and seeing people who were obviously from out of town go outside. They were easy to spot - light coat, no hat or gloves... they'd walk outside, then come racing back in with this look of confusion/shock/fear.

Yeah... kinda stings a bit, doesn't it?

I don't think you can really describe what it feels like to someone. Unless you've felt it, you just don't know. Everything is different. If it's sunny with no wind it can be kinda cool (no pun intended). The sky will be clear and bright. The snow crunches under your feet. It even changes the way things sound. Everything is "crisper" when it's -20F.

It was also top on my list of "things I don't miss" when I moved to an area with milder winters. Add wind to the equation and it was just plain nasty. Such a joy to live somewhere that falling asleep outdoors can be fatal. Ok it was usually someone passing out outdoors but still. The air can kill you. Nice.

Oh, as for what I'm doing today, I'll probably head down and tension the belts on the 900ss now that the valve adjustments are done. Get the engine buttoned up and move on to cleaning thigns so I can put the carbs and airbox back on.

·
Administrator
344 Posts
That's just crazy talk!

I grew up in Minnesota, a northern state where snow is a fact of life. While it was fun to see people's reactions to it when they had never seen it before, the really humorous stuff was being at the airport when it was below zero (Fahrenheit) and seeing people who were obviously from out of town go outside. They were easy to spot - light coat, no hat or gloves... they'd walk outside, then come racing back in with this look of confusion/shock/fear.

Yeah... kinda stings a bit, doesn't it?

I don't think you can really describe what it feels like to someone. Unless you've felt it, you just don't know. Everything is different. If it's sunny with no wind it can be kinda cool (no pun intended). The sky will be clear and bright. The snow crunches under your feet. It even changes the way things sound. Everything is "crisper" when it's -20F.

It was also top on my list of "things I don't miss" when I moved to an area with milder winters. Add wind to the equation and it was just plain nasty. Such a joy to live somewhere that falling asleep outdoors can be fatal. Ok it was usually someone passing out outdoors but still. The air can kill you. Nice.

Oh, as for what I'm doing today, I'll probably head down and tension the belts on the 900ss now that the valve adjustments are done. Get the engine buttoned up and move on to cleaning thigns so I can put the carbs and airbox back on.
I just realized @Classic250 has never peed his initials in the snow.

·
Registered
10,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,352 ·
I HATE this time of year.

working hard to be able to retire some place warm

·
Registered
10,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,355 ·
You have to make fun of winter, then you will like it. Even look forward to it.
But its cold and all the things I love doing are closed or cant do them.

I even tried SCUBA under the ice to have something to do in the winter.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Texas weather finally getting nice... I should stock up on firewood though, the one star state hasn't done shit to improve their power grid

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I've never experienced snow. Probably never will. I'm envious.
I dated a college classmate whose family had recently emigrated from Australia. I was fortunate to be there to experience her first snow. I can vividly remember leaving one of the buildings to discover a thin blanket of white had fallen while we were in class, and fluffy snowflakes were gently falling. She just about lost her freakin' mind. It was very cool to share.

2341 - 2359 of 2359 Posts