Cafe Racer Forum banner
2361 - 2380 of 2409 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
No progress on Bultakenstein, but my other "pile-of-random-parts" project is coming along nicely. It's amazing how much more quickly things go together when you: A) put zero effort into aesthetics or elegance, B) use a crate-new engine, ignition, and transmission, and C) start out with a bunch of tools and prior experience from all your other long-term projects.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
Darn, lots of rain but not cold enough to freeze.

Cool! a reverse inclined cylinder engine design, looks very Ossa inspired

·
Registered
10,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,366 ·
I really have to try and find a place around there to try out Trials.

Always looks likes a lot of fun, but I have zero idea what I am doing.
Wanted to give ice flat tracking a try last year, but it was not great with the weather.

Reactions: TrialsRider

·
Registered
2,651 Posts

Wanted to give ice flat tracking a try last year, but it was not great with the weather.
We're getting too old to try to learn how to do that stuff Jag...
It's funny how risk averse I am considering I'm in the Army. Nothing is worth hurting yourself over unless you're getting shot at.

That being said, I need some gloves to keep my hands warm. Its 28* out this morning in Texas and my gloves aren't quite cutting it at 80mph... I had to wait a few minutes to try to pull my credit card out of my wallet at the coffee shop.

Reactions: Tinsnips

·
Registered
7,218 Posts

My place is pretty good, you can ride here if you can get here. Even have a lake you could scuba dive & lots of room for camping.

Lots of guys ride here that are close to 70. A 150 pound trials bike is something you can still ride when you get too old to ride anything else.

·
Registered
10,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,369 ·
Im only 36!

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
did my routine sunday early morning ride to get coffee. 70 degrees and heavy fog. I don't mind riding in the fog, but it's important to remember to always leave your visor down. It's a lot easier to wipe of a wet visor than it is wet glasses/sunglasses.

Reactions: OldMan

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
did my routine sunday early morning ride to get coffee. 70 degrees and heavy fog. I don't mind riding in the fog, but it's important to remember to always leave your visor down. It's a lot easier to wipe of a wet visor than it is wet glasses/sunglasses.

I can hear your echo through the downtown from here.

We got freezing rain yesterday and into the evening. The ice crust is not thick enough for skates so walking without landing on your ass is the sport here today.

·
Registered
10,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,374 ·
I was going to take the Tesi out for a ride today, but the wind was insane and the roads still a little salty.
So I put some RoadKill on in the garage and got to wrenching on the DB4

Reactions: Tanshanomi

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
Perfect here again today :cool: snow & ice riding conditions couldn't be better
Snow Plant Tree Bicycle wheel Automotive tire

Studs extend my riding season so much it's incredible, thank you global warming

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Came across this film:

l'agression, a French biker crime film

Reactions: dirkchecken

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
Tomorrows weather forecast is fog.
I don't think I ever seen that before, it should make riding very interesting.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
So I'm watching the Millyard S1 video:

At the end of the video he's going over the oil injection system... I'm really really surprised he's not going with a simpler (more reliable) premix method, especially given how much work he's put into it. I get that his style is to make it look as factory as possible, but why introduce unnecessary complexity?

Reactions: TrialsRider

·
Administrator
324 Posts
but why introduce unnecessary complexity?
Just a guess here: years ago when two-strokes were everywhere you could often buy pre-mix at the petrol station. I haven't seen pre-mix for sale for decades. So maybe it a combination of having the bike look period and the practicality of being able to fuel up at a servo.

2361 - 2380 of 2409 Posts