Cafe Racer Forum banner
2381 - 2395 of 2395 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
He introduces complexity for fun.

Thats the theme of every build. If he can double the amount of cylinders the oil injection is just another part of it.

Plus premix isn't available in the uk so it would be a pain every time you filled up.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I get it.

Someone needs to edit his videos so they look like the old public access Bob Ross episodes.

Or he needs to narrate a cooking show

Reactions: TrialsRider

·
Registered
154 Posts
The guy is next level clever when it comes to engines.

Would love just to chew the fat over a pint down the local pub with him.

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
I just gotta say, it's tricky riding down steep ice and snow covered slopes when your left front fork is pissing oil onto your front brake.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I just gotta say, it's tricky riding down steep ice and snow covered slopes when your left front fork is pissing oil onto your front brake.
Yee ha, lack of control and rocks, a favorite of us old guys.

I was thinking you likely can run into fairly low temps, hand comfort wise, when you are riding at trials speeds. Have you got enough of a charging system to run bar warmers on a trials bike?

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
Nice out right now, I should be riding. Yesterday was awesome, had a dozen riders here.
It's only my lever fingers that get cold, I need lever heaters or a glove with a heated index finger lol either would do it :cool:

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
I love rocks I aim right for them, it's the big off camber logs on the side of a steep hill and up off the ground, I have to force myself to ride logs unless it's winter, riding on studs through the winter really helps you to learn to ride logs because the studs get incredible traction on frozen wood.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I love rocks I aim right for them, it's the big off camber logs on the side of a steep hill and up off the ground, I have to force myself to ride logs unless it's winter, riding on studs through the winter really helps you to learn to ride logs because the studs get incredible traction on frozen wood.
Kimpex sells a thumb warmer that is just a hollow, flexible tube. You may be able to adapt it to your clutch lever pretty easily.

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
4.6 watts each, Good suggestion (y) a little aluminum foil tape and that might even work on both sides!
at 50 bucks each not cheap though, worth it if they work good :cool:

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
4.6 watts each, Good suggestion (y) a little aluminum foil tape and that might even work on both sides!
at 50 bucks each not cheap though, worth it if they work good :cool:
They would at least stop the metal from sucking the heat out of your hands.

$100 isn't much for comfort and a bunch of extra riding days each year.

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
Either way I'm going to ride until the snow gets too deep even on the beat down trails on warmer days, the difference is I won't need to stop and warm up my finger on the engine every 10 minutes :cool: which isn't really a huge hardship if I'm waiting for a slower rider to get unstuck anyway, like yesterday. Yesterday was nice, today we have wind chill.

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
Seen this project bike today, it's going to make for a nice restore, engine is rebuilt, the expansion chambers are on their way to being ceramic coated, very cool, I hope I get to ride it :cool:
Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire

2381 - 2395 of 2395 Posts