2481 - 2500 of 2537 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Shoot at that point you may as well go with a bicycle

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
:cool: Fork is fixed and Contessa is all back together and ready to test ride. Only fork seals I have in stock are cheap free ones, hope it works half decent and I don't just waste 400cc of 5w fork oil.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Nasty heavy rain weather to test ride, but (y) the forks no longer pee on the brake calliper and it rides like a Montesa again :cool: so weird switching back and forth between a 2-stroke and a 4-stroke, such a different beast.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Today I sent the 851 back home to Canada. Sad day but it allows the Super Light it's time to shine, so there's that.

All spiffed up for the trip, only to find it's going back in an open truck, and will likely rain along the way...

The box is a little care package. New belts, gaskets, etc along with the original exhaust and some other stuff. This was one of the harder ones to see go...

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Today I sent the 851 back home to Canada. Sad day but it allows the Super Light it's time to shine, so there's that.

All spiffed up for the trip, only to find it's going back in an open truck, and will likely rain along the way...

The box is a little care package. New belts, gaskets, etc along with the original exhaust and some other stuff. This was one of the harder ones to see go...

I wish it was going to my garage. Where abouts is going to end up?

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
With a little coordination I might have been able to get the bike I have sitting in Montreal brought west.
Nope. Shipper delivered a boat on the way out here. And the bike is only going to New York, the buyer is picking it up there and importing it himself.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Somewhere near Montreal
You can't legally open transport motor vehicles anywhere in PQ without plates on the vehicle. They best start by putting it in a crate or it needs to travel in an enclosed truck or trailer. ... just say'n so people can avoid problems, that law even goes for things like riding lawn mowers.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Nope. Shipper delivered a boat on the way out here. And the bike is only going to New York, the buyer is picking it up there and importing it himself.
That makes more sense.
The Emmins Speciale just cleared customs. We are debating waiting until a week Friday for pick up so we could catch the first 2 F1 practice sessions at Villenueve while there.

·
見る
490 Posts
The ABS light has been lit on the Aprilia console for a while now. I cleaned the contacts at the ABS pump and the wheel sensor contacts and it worked for a day or so, then back to lights on.

The brakes work fine without ABS - but if my bike is equipped with something - I want it to work.

Well I finally got tired of the ABS light - call me OC. I found a guy in Indonesia selling Caponord/srv850 ABS sensors which also suit the Shiver. The sensor was $50USD delivered so I figured that if it wasn't a sensor, at least I would have a spare for the future.

I fitted the new sensor on the front. It was a pretty easy job except that the front wheel needs to be removed to get to a tiny screw with a bracket on it attached to the inside of the fork leg (on Marzocchi forks anyway). That was annoying.

Took the bike for a spin. ABS light glowing brightly. :(

Decided to swap the original front sensor with the one on the back. Required a wheel removal as well. Also required unbolting the right side foot rest bracket.

Why Aprilia couldn't wire them more simply is beyond me.

I managed to connect the sensor by attaching some wire to the plug and pulling it through the tangle of wiring underneath the seat and behind the frame. I didn't want to take the tank and fairings off again.

All connected up - took the bike for a spin - ABS light went out after less that 30 metres. :)

Pretty happy that it was only a $50 repair.

So, all in all, a good day.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
You can't legally open transport motor vehicles anywhere in PQ without plates on the vehicle. They best start by putting it in a crate or it needs to travel in an enclosed truck or trailer. ... just say'n so people can avoid problems, that law even goes for things like riding lawn mowers.
You're ok with a pickup as long as the tailgate is closed and the bike anchored at 4 corners. That's the issue I have with picking up our bike in Montreal. Long crate, short box truck. So we need to rent a van or LB truck and try to do that right now. The dealerships have nothing but pickups (that aren't selling) yet you can't rent one anywhere, any time soon.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
You're ok with a pickup as long as the tailgate is closed and the bike anchored at 4 corners. That's the issue I have with picking up our bike in Montreal. Long crate, short box truck. So we need to rent a van or LB truck and try to do that right now. The dealerships have nothing but pickups (that aren't selling) yet you can't rent one anywhere, any time soon.
... Only going by what I was told many years ago by a fellow rider from PQ, who was a lawyer for the RCMP
Certainly not something I would want to debate with a gendarme on the side of a highway. When asked if a cover over the motorcycle was sufficient the response was no to that, it needs to be crated or enclosed. All of the riders that come to my events here use enclosed trailers, cargo vans or have a plate somewhere on their competition bikes and I suspect that is not coincidental.

Going for a BMW ride today :cool:

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
... Only going by what I was told many years ago by a fellow rider from PQ, who was a lawyer for the RCMP
Certainly not something I would want to debate with a gendarme on the side of a highway. When asked if a cover over the motorcycle was sufficient the response was no to that, it needs to be crated or enclosed. All of the riders that come to my events here use enclosed trailers, cargo vans or have a plate somewhere on their competition bikes and I suspect that is not coincidental.

Going for a BMW ride today :cool:
I admit my source was a guy from Montreal I sold a bike and he was worried about the tailgate of his Ridgeline being open. Myself, I think I'll go with what a PQ lawyer told you.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Wow is that K100RS ever a nice highway bike in the rain :cool: but holy I costs better then 32$ to fuel it up.
...and the bladder in my front brake fluid reservoir totally rotted away, so I flushed that and it looks like a ride trip to Woody's next week for a replacement, I'll see if I can find a SRX tank for that new guy too.

:unsure: might have to ask him if he wants to part with that mint SRX , I really liked those back in the day.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
I'd like to see them run but I'm not up for the $1500 it takes to get through the weekend. It doesn't look like we will even be able to catch p1 & 2 and I was looking forward to it. We can only book a rental on Tuesday/Wednesday next week.
I have a super small trailer I can loan you if you like. It's about the smallest trailer they make tiny.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
:cool: Another perfect day for riding, only 2 other riders turned out to play follow me, one trials bike and one KTM enduro so lol lots of crashes :whistle: one high side off the wood bridge into the beaver pond, really should have had that one on video, but by the end of the day he was semi dried out and riding way better (y) nobody likes that spot but the key is to ride it fast the whole way and then it's :alien: Fun

Tire Land vehicle Plant community Plant Bicycle

I feel a MV Agusta road trip coming on tomorrow, unless somebody shows up to ride dirt bikes.

2481 - 2500 of 2537 Posts